Home Selling in Clifton>Question Details

G.Delgado, Home Owner in Clifton, NJ

Will realtors bring their clients to see a FSBO if they are offering to pay a percentage to the realtor if the buyer buys the home?

Asked by G.Delgado, Clifton, NJ Sat Nov 10, 2012

Answers

12
Yes they do, and they usually expect the for sale by owner to cooperate with Realtors / Buyers Agents who bring a qualified buyer to the property. They should call ahead and make sure that the Seller
agrees and to what percentage of the sale price, I if I am the Buyers Agent, then will have the seller
sign a one time showing agreement, which states the agents info, the buyers name, and the
agreement that if and when a sales contract comes about that the brokerage of the buyers agent
will be paid xxx % of the sale price at the closing table..

If you put ads out for your FSBO, it is a good idea to mark that you are cooperating with Agents who
bring a buyer, you should still always put the agreement in writing BEFORE THE SHOWING TAKES PLACE.

Good luck to you
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
If you are asking will they come by the car load if you offer a commission? Then No, they won't add you to their list of homes to be shown unless the buyer has asked to see it or the agent knows about it or has seen it and gotten a written agreement from the seller already. Without the agreement the FSBO seller could contact the buyer and do an end run around Mr Realtor. So an agent will show your house now and then, but you won't be listed on the MLS and there is where agents go everyday to find homes that match a buyers likes or dislikes. Without being in that you really fall off the radar of most Realtors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Usually yes, many times the agent will require a signed formed from seller ahead of time or at time of showing stating the seller agrees to pay an agreed upon fee to the buyer's agent if the buyer decides to buy the home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Hello G Delgado,

Congrats on trying to sell your home! It is definitely a great time. Most brokers will show a FSBO, especially if it fits their buyers needs. Make sure it is known that you will work with buyer's brokers. The majority of people start their home search on the internet, show make sure your property is reaching your potential clients. Most people want to work with a Realtor because it is a huge financial investment and they need the expertise. My husband and I bought our first home from a FSBO and also did not use a Realtor. There were so many problems with the sale as well as our financial repercussions. We now know we would have been better represented by a Realtor. If you do have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me. I am a Clifton resident as well.

Best wishes,

Caroline Velonas
Hi G Delgado

Yes they will bring in clients....but they are going to show the properties listed by them and their fellow realotrs in the MLS First!

In the current market and with all the changes Why would you even consider a FSBO ....

A seasoned professional in your area ...will not only get you a better price but will only be showing your property to Qualified buyers ....being A FSBO you have no way of knowing if the buyer is qualified or not....So you could be waisting your valuable time showing your property to what we call tire kickers or thos looking for the property on the corner of Cheap and A great deal!

My best recommendation to you Hire a Full Time Experienced Realtor to properly market you property and get you the highest and best price ....

You can always call me I can referre you to some excellent realtors in your area ...tha I work with all the time and If you are moving to the Jersey Shore I can show you anything in Monmouth or Ocean Counties

Best of Luck to you
PS My favorite place in Clifton is Ruts Hut ....love the Hot dogs and brick Onion Rings lol

Rosemarie Villanova
Vail Realty
701 Mattison Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Vail Realty
Hi, I can't speak for anyone else but I would. My duty to a Byer Client is locate a home, that includes looking through FSBO's.

Chris
Some realtors do and others don't show a for sale by owner. Those realtors that do will want assurance that they will be compensated if they should sell the property. Typically they will request that you sign a show letter stating that they will be paid at closing if their buyer should buy your home.
Thanks for the answers! We are selling FSBO and listed on MLS along with other sites. We are looking to sell to buy our 2nd home so we know the flexibility of being available for potential buyers to see our home. We are also offering to pay a fee if a realtor brings a qualified buyer who makes an offer. Thanks again.
since you are on the MLS most realtors will not even realize you are a FSBO until they make the appointment. So as long as you are priced correctly you should get plenty of showings. Let mek now if you need help finding a home.
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013
I will show FSBO's because I think my buyers deserve to see EVERYTHING out there that's for sale. With that said though, scheduling appointments with FSBO sellers is one of the most annoying things to have to go through. Besides paying the customary commission, the showing scheduling is the biggest mistake FSBO sellers make. Sellers need to understand that we can show every other house almost whenever we want and they're asking us to rearrange every other showing to accommodate them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Realtors are generally happy to show a FSBO. But like anyone, they like to be compensated for their efforts. I like to contact the homeowner and confirm our relationship befor showing.

Homeowners are generally not interested, at that point, to discusss a full listing agreement. So I prepare a short document stating that the owner agrees to pay me if this one client purchases the home.

Frankly, it seldom results in a sale. I have found that FISBO homeownesr have very high expectations for their property.....hiwwwgher that most Buyers might recognize.
Hi G Delgado

the best way to have any and all agents show your home is to be on the MLS.
Contact me for a free FSBO consultation. or see my Blog
Yes, but first they have to find out the house is for sale and the owner is offering to pay them a commission. In order to get the word out you are going to need a comprehensive marketing plan.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012