Mj, Other/Just Looking in 02026

Why would an agent list a property without photo's? I"m not talking about short sales. How does anyone think they will have any calls?

Asked by Mj, 02026 Fri Sep 24, 2010

with 1 photo?

Answers

6
Kevin Vitali’s answer
It is hard do understand the motives of a seller or their agent. Good photos are definitely the first line of marketing a home for sale.

Sometimes as a listing agent because a seller is unwilling to clean up I am inclined not to show photos of the interior as it detracts from the home. Other than that I have no great answers!!
Mj,
There is no good reason for not posting photo's of a property. I have heard some agents say they have not had time yet but, I will not put the listing in the system without the photos. The most attention a new listing will get is when it is first put in the system. Most MLS systems will take anywhere from 16 to 25 pictures. The more pictures the more apt a buyer is to look at the listing.

The pictures will do the selling of the home since over 90% of all buyers are looking on the Internet for their next home. You have many people that are relocating to an area that have no other choice. So with that in mind why would you put a home for sale and then hide it so that no one could see it.

They may get a call but they will not get the attention they deserve or need to sell it. Definitely call your agent and ask them why there are no pictures.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 24, 2010
Couldn't agree more Mj - why, WHY would anyone bother putting it on-line without photos? Or with bad photos for that matter...is it a secret? Are they trying to conjure mystery that will only be solved by a showing??

It's always up to my buyer, but I'm happy to pass right on by these listings....
As a Broker the first thing I do is help the seller prepare the property for market. I have even used props from my own collection to add to a listing to give it that extra "wow" factor. MLS photos stay with the listing for a long time and bad photos leave a lasting impression on the buyer. I am always hesitant to show a property to a potential buyer when there are no photos as I believe that this property must really be in bad condition.
I believe that the only way to market a home on line is with the very best photos you can take and really showcase the home to include its best features. Buyers like to look at photos, so I give them as many as possible.
The best reason I can think of is the house is not "photo worthy". Still a mistake. You can always try to make lemonade from lemons.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 20, 2010
Some people are not techy and from the old school where if you want to see the house call for a showing. Too many pics are a turn off too. Just the front, kitchen, master, lr/fp anything else nice and thats it.