Treadwells, Home Owner in Colorado Springs, CO

Why is the square footag shown for only one level of most homes?

Asked by Treadwells, Colorado Springs, CO Sun Mar 31, 2013

Answers

6
When looking at square footage of a home the main level or above grade square footage is given more value than your basement. Many Foreclosures and REO properties are held by out of state institutions which do not understand our market and place very little value to basement finishes or homes with unfinished basements. I'll be happy to discuss the value of a finished or unfinished basement as well as the different types of basements in the Colorado Springs area. Have a great week.
Banks and HUD homes at times will show only main level sq ft.

Chuck Birger 719-761-3099
Hi there - hope you're having a great Easter :)
Sometimes HUD homes and even bank owned homes only reflect the square footage that is above ground level. When I post a listing, I always take the square footage from the assessors site, not previous listings, that way it's a little more accurate.
Are you looking for a home? I'd be glad to help you find what you're looking for. Just give me a call or email whenever you have a chance.

Cathia Bell
Casa Bella Realty
http://www.coloradorealtyagent.com
719-291-4676
cathiabell@gmail.com
Is there a county assessor site to validate the square footage in CO?
In ElPaso county and the Colorado Springs area, yes. http://"www.elpasoco.com"
I do not know the county assessors websites for other areas of Colorado, but I bet a google search would enable you to find them.
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
If you are looking at homes on our MLS system, you should be seeing main level sq. ft., upper level sq. ft (if there is an upper level), lower level sq. ft. (if it is a tri- or bi-level home) as well as basement sq. ft. It also distinguishes between finished and unfinished sq. ft.

Our tax records also distinguish between above ground and total sq. ft.

I would be interested to know where you might be seeing only the First floor sq. footage, and would be happy to get you more accurate information about any homes you are interested in.
It really varies but around 1000 sq feet unless you get above $350,000 in price. What are you looking for as far as sq footage?