Scott, Home Seller in 95120

Why does Trulia take so long in posting my listing?

Asked by Scott, 95120 Wed Sep 29, 2010

Why does Trulia take so long in posting my listing? First they send a note that it will be posted within 72 hours, then they send a message that they will review the listing and it may take 5 days. After 2 weeks, still no listing.

Trulia doesn't even bother to obtain feeds from the local MLS.

Candidly, I don't see the value in using this site as a buyer or seller--it never has up-to-date listings and the hoops that a seller has to go thru to get a listing up on Trulia is ridiculous.

Redfin and Zillow appear to be more up to date, however, the latest updated listings seem to be on realtor.com, although the user interface sucks....

Answers

4
Hi Scott,

Your listing is live: http://www.trulia.com/property/3030373745-6562-Mcabee-Rd-San…

Unfortunately, your MLS (MLSListings) does not automatically send all of its listings to Trulia, so you need to “opt-in” to have your listings syndicated. Please have your broker contact MLSListings to ensure all your listings are being syndicated to Trulia.

You also have the option of submitting listings directly on Trulia (link below). This is much faster than going through the process of submitting your own XML data feed.

Charlie Wheeler
Account Manager | Trulia
Scott, that was my complaint to Trulia as well. It is just one more area to market your listings. As we all know, Realtor.com is the most recognized and viewed sight for listings. Trulia is a portal for exchanging information. When I post my listings the hits on Trulia are insignificant.
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com
First and foremost, why bother using Trulia or Zillow? If you are a member of SCCAOR than no point using them. Once you enter it into the MLS systems, it will post your list on Realtor.com, Yahoo.com and others. Trulia, Zillow are just other websites try to get your business for their revenue.
I personally don't use Trulia as my listing tools.
Another question is why does it take so long for them to update when a price or photo is changed. But I have that problem on Zillow also. I also have an issue with their "featured agent" thingy. I have to check my listings periodically to make sure some other agent hasn't "claimed" it.