Home Selling in Waban>Question Details

Sophie, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Why do you think so many homes are for sale in Waban, as compared to Newton Center, Newton Highlands, etc.?

Asked by Sophie, Boston, MA Thu Feb 26, 2009

Answers

2
My Guess would be because it is among the highest priced areas and the economies of who could get a mortgage and qualify in this environment is keeping back buyers at a time when the normal course of sellers in the spring come out-- this causes an abundance of properties in the area compared to those who are buying in the $400-$700K range. I may not be right, but thats an answer to your question, would have been nice if the realtor who replied initially actually READ your question and answered it.
Hi Sophie,
there are currently about 57 homes for sale in the Newton area per MLS, here is a breakdown of some of them
Newton Highlands has 8 SF
Newton Center has 26
Waban has 16
Newtonville 7
Newton Lower and Upper Falls 3. The majority of them being in Newton Center. If you like more concrete date do not hesitate to contact me.
Wen
Century 21 Marella
century21ma@yahoo.com