Voices Member,  in

Why cant a realtor give me a straight answer?

Asked by Voices Member, Sat Oct 17, 2009

When will the robust market we once knew return and / or will it ever and are those days gone by! Everyone is uncertain about buying a home in a given location, or for increasing the value of a home, msoliman@borrowerhotline.com

Answers

9
Your question is better directed to an ECONOMIST not a REALTOR. Seeing that you're a fellow agent, if you can't even answer your own question, how in the heck do you expect us to do it?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009
Straight answers generally follow questions that can be clearly understood...................yours needs some work!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009
I am a little confused.....it says you are an agent? If you are, how can you expect anyone to answer that, and why would you even ask it, as you certainly know there is no answer - no one can predict the future.

Is this a real question , or, given your email address, are you trolling for business ?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
Maher,

During the 10 years you were licensed as a Real Estate Salesperson in CA there were up and down cycles. Were YOU able to predict the future during either the up or the down cycle?

None of us have a crystal ball but my humble opinion is that we will never see a rocket-propelled market like the early 2000's again. I suspect we will get back to a normal RE market - and by normal I mean CA will trend along the same lines as the national average 2% -3% per year of increased value, maybe slightly more but not much.

If we look at Texas, ever since the big oil crash of the mid-80's when 80% of all homes were foreclosed, they hunkered down and now trend along the national average. That's why in this downturn it is not hurting Texas as much as the rest of the country. It's only in the last 10 years, that anyone could get a HELOC on their house in TX - and - the 1st mortgage plus the HELOC could not exceed 80% of the value! Also, no checkbooks or debit cards could be tied to HELOCs - a much more conservative approach.....

Everyone needs to pull-back from excessive / over-inflated spending and get real.

(Noitce no real predictions here either ! :-) )

Cheers,

Thom Colby
Broker & REALTOR
Orange County, CA
Web Reference: http://www.thomcolby.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
What's up Maher?
It will be back in about 10 to 12 years when homes have equity or once lenders come up with some awesome exotic products and mortgages for persons that shouldn't of been able to afford a home.

Just my 2 cents.

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Realtor®
No one has a crystal ball to predict the future... if the price is right, and your risk tolerance can handle it, buy it. If someone can answer this question directly, have them give you the lottery numbers cause the odds of getting the right answer is about the same.
Web Reference: http://theOCMLS.com
Sorry - not an agent and not seeking to generate anything here but other views. So repeat not an agent.
DRE say he was licensed from 1987 to 1996 and then EXPIRED but here, he still displays himself as an "Agent".
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009
I suppose that it depends where you are. Florida, Vegas, L.A., etc., were hit harder than NYC, PHL, .. So, these areas are going to recover faster, hopefully, unless another wave of foreclosures hits. Vegas is turning them around rather fast, compared to NYC where a closing can go up to 6-7mos.
I lived in LA for four years, actually 3 years 11 months to long, and I could see even then, 1987-1981, that the economy of CA was hurting.
Bob Seidenberg
Fillmore RE
Bklyn., NY