Home Selling in Fallbrook>Question Details

Ida, Other/Just Looking in Fallbrook, CA

Why can I not find my Fallbrook home for sale under Trulia?

Asked by Ida, Fallbrook, CA Tue Aug 4, 2009

My home has been listed with a large area agent for the last 3 1/2 months but I have never been able to find it on Trulia. What does the agent need to do to get it listed with Trulia? Also, I have not had any offers so can anyone out there suggest what we should do? The agent says it is just the economy. We've lowered the price 3 times, put in some enticing buyer options and have a freshly remodeled home with many upgrades. Suggestions would be helpful.

Answers

5
Hello Ida,

Using the internet to market your property is as important as listing on the MLS. Statistics show that 80% of buyers today do their own research on the internet, even if they have an agent.

With that said, your agent can put your property on other sites that feed into Trulia, Zillow, etc. If they do not use those feed sites, your agent needs an account on Trulia which is free. They go to "My Listings", enter the MLS number and press Add Listing. It takes about two minutes.

Make sure you understand the Internet Marketing your agent provides.

Best to you,

Mark and Kari Shea
San Diego Real Estate Experts
Foreclosure, Short Sale & Investment Specialists,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate
I hope that the answers from the other agents have helped you to get your home onto Trulia. Fallbrook is a great community and it has been hit by the economy just like most of the others. It sounds like you're doing everything you can. How many showings have you had?

What makes your home unique? Do you have a guest suite? First floor Master? Oversized lot? Loggia? Gourmet kitchen? Be sure to list these. Sometimes (my favorite) restaging the home can help. I know it's difficult, but when you're listing your home for sale, you cannot enjoy the ease of living in it the usual way. Put away all the family photos and personal collections -- make it quite streamlined and have all of the closets super organized. Go ahead and start packing up those non-essentials. Storage helps to sell a home. Good luck to you!

Thalia Poulos
Dream Estates Realty, Fallbrook, CA 92028
License 01294336
thaliapoulos@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Ida - Have you asked your agent this very question?

Can you find it on other real estate sites?

When does your listing agreement expire - you may want to find a more tech savvy agent.
There are a few sites where your agent can go and post your home so that the listing feeds to other sites like Trulia Zillow, Craigslist, etc. One is Postlets. You need to urge your agent to use social marketing sites and internet advertising to expose your home to the most buyers possible. If it has not sold in 3 and 1/2 months you may be overpriced. Be sure you have good photos and check the comps again to be sure that you are competitive. Double check the data and be sure that you are in Sandicor (San Diego MLS).

Hope this helps.
Your agent needs to spend a few minutes to list in on Trulia. It's easy. And yes,,,the economy is probably why you have no offers. If you price yourself below the market...you might get an offer. Fallbroook has been especially hard hit.

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker)

California Cool 4 Sale
Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
Fax: 760-946-7894
JoanWilson@prusd.com
License # 01341483

It is my Goal to Increase the Success and Profitability of Those I Serve