Home Selling in Midland>Question Details

Suzanne Flor…, Both Buyer and Seller in Queen Creek, AZ

Why are homes not selling well in Midland right now?

Asked by Suzanne Flores, Queen Creek, AZ Fri Oct 14, 2011

Answers

10
Try Shana Curry . . . broker. She can sell anything in Midland, TX. She can also lease any house that is attractive, clean, and fresh.

She is one of a kind! I believe our home will be up for sale in the near future. It's beautiful on the inside, professionally landscaped and decorated, new 7 ft. double boarded privacy fence, 17 ft. patio, great entertaining house. 4/3, s/s, granite. 2 master closets, huge master bath with walk in shower, etc. Shana has been very good to us. Try her agency out!

Donna Johnson, owner
2902 Caldera Dr
Midland, TX 79705
NO! Not a home buyer in Big Spring, TX. Where did this come from?
Flag Fri Apr 20, 2012
Suzanne,
Midland area is quiet different of a market than any other areas, Midland market is still selling beyond the many areas around. It has slowed some due to school starting, many people try to get settled and find their home before school starts to have their family settled into the school and area by August. It is still a seller's market here in Midland. The Midland area is fortunate to have such a great oil and gas industry that continues to provide jobs and helps with the housing market to be such a marketable place. Midland, Tx is in a housing shortage, it is hard to find a place to rent or even a hotel! You may want to have your Agent run a Comparison Market Analysis to price your home at a comparative selling price for homes similar to your home. Good Luck!
Krista Maddox, Realtor Associate for Holly Cohen at Real Estate One
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
Hi Suzanne,
Homes in many many areas, in many many states are not selling fast, are not selling at the price the sellers would like to sell, because there are not as many buyers looking to buy homes or able to, then there are in
many areas large amounts of short sale and foreclosure properties --- reducing the potential asking and selling prices for properties in similar size and condition.....

So too many available properties and not enough potential and qualified buyers is not a good situation for
sellers. Therefore your reason for selling needs to be the most important reason for you to put your home on the market, a local Realtor will be able to help you price it right if you NEED to sell and will also help you prepare the property so it shows in its best light (like a bit of new paint, in certain rooms or on certain walls)
some other inexpensive changes, may be just moving furniture around etc. and at the right asking price
you will attract buyers, but make sure you consult with an area Realtor and listen carefully.

Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life - And Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients ..... :)
Thank you all very much for responding. I do have our home listed with a realtor. It is on the DLS. I keep my home very clean and uncluttered. I have asked her the same question. She said all feed back is good people think the home is beautiful.....but no offers. I guess I will wait a bit longer and see what happens. :{
Homes are selling very well. If you are attempting to sell your home without a REALTOR you might reconsider. If you have your home listed with an agent you should direct your question to that REALTOR because another licensed REALTOR cannot get involved with another agent's client.

David Pine, Agent, Pine & Beckett REALTORS
ASP, IAHSP, SRES, e-PRO, BPOR
As stated in an earlier comment, homes are selling quite well in Midland. The main reasons that properties don't sell are price, condition and location. You don't say if your house is listed with a Realtor. Perhaps your house is not receiving maximum exposure. I would be glad to visit with you to discuss marketing your house.
Hello Suzanne,

Although I am not familiar with the Midland market the other answer from an agent leads me to believe your home is not priced correctly. Your home is sitting on the market most likely because the current buyers out there are choosing your competition. Your next step is to find out why. Is it pricing? Is it appearance and curb appeal? Is the home in the best possible condition for sale? Take a hard look at these things and do the following....

I do this with a good percentage of my listing clients and I recommend you do the same. Ask your agent to take you out to see 2 or 3 of the homes he feels are your direct competition. If you can get in to see a pending home that is under contract that is even better.. because that home was sold and is in the process of closing.

Anybody can set a list price for a home. Agents can go with your opinion over what the market states to get your listing knowing that your home will sit on the market and eventually you will be forced to reduce the price. Take a good hard look at the competition and make sure you are positioned to be the homes in your market that will sell in the next 30 days. It's not rocket science but you do have to be willing to take an agents advice and you also need to find an agent who will shoot you straight. I lose listings because I tell people the truth. Many times they do not want to hear what the market is telling us. Fortunately I get a good percentage of those clients back after their home just sits on the market because it was overpriced.

Take the time to sit down and talk seriously with your agent. Are you a serious seller? If you are moving or trading up the time to sell is now. Rates are at historic lows and if you are buying another home you will be getting a better deal on that home as well. In this market buyer's will rarely pay premium pricing... they want a deal. Make your home stand out and price it correctly and it sill sell faster than you may think.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
I think we are in a great location, we back up to Tumbleweed park, 1820 sf 3 bed 2 bath, 2 living areas, 2 eating areas, 2 car garage, 2 sheds, new carpet, bathrooms remodeled, new counter tops and appliances, some new pluming, new roof and all new wood, water softener...owned, RO drinking water owned, new fence, new pergola, new swing set,
Master Bedroom 14x13 with his and hers closets, 2nd bedroom 13x11, 3rd bedroom 12x10, Formal Dinning room 10x12, Family room 12x13 with bay window, Breakfast area 10x12, TV Room 17x15, this home sits on a double lot
On the contrary, homes in Midland and Odessa are selling very well right now, and I think the market is even heating up a little. Your question is pretty open ended, so if you would like to discuss the matter in more depth, give me a call. I am a Realtor and a practicing real estate appraiser, so I see the market beyond one dimension.

Brandon McMorries
(432) 664- 8264
Could be your marketing.
It you want to change it up some, please let me know.
Normally it is one of 3 issues, price, marketing, condition, and sometimes access.
Are any of these an issue?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX