Betty Hogle, Home Seller in Tucson, AZ

Why am I being ask to pay 1300.00 to move out of my house? My attorney says they have never heard of such a thing. I hav always paid my dues, so why

Asked by Betty Hogle, Tucson, AZ Tue May 31, 2011

It is hard to give you any details, because none of us understand what and why. the title company is waiting on what ever it is that the home owners assoc. wants. Can you shead some light on this for us.

Answers

2
Jim McGovern’s answer
Betty,

If it is a homeowners issue, homes in the Sunflower Commiunity as subject to two different HOA's. Both Home Owners Associations have transfer fees associated with the sale of a home. Also the Sunflower Community has a "Community Improvement Fund" which charges a seperate fee when a home is sold. I would suggest that you check with your real estate agent and review the purchase contract to see how these various fees were to be paid and by which party to the transaction. This may be the source of your issue. Hope this help and gives you a place to research your question.

Jim McGovern
Associate Broker
Long Realty Company
jimmcgovern@longrealty.com
Are you selling the home as a short-sale? I need more information please.....