libbybx3, Home Buyer in Kissimmee, FL

Who pays estoppel (recording)fees? If a community has 2-3 companies, does buyer have to pay to each as well as a transfer fee? A total of @ 350?

Asked by libbybx3, Kissimmee, FL Thu Feb 21, 2013

Answers

3
I just learned from an attorney that it bests serves our clients to be specific in a real estate purchase contract as to which party pays the "Certificate of Assessment" fees. It makes the most sense to write into the contract the the buyer pays for the HOA fund transfer fees and that the seller pay for the estoppel fees. I am happy to define terms and discuss this in detail with a phone conversation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 19, 2015
Alan Martin, Broker, Orlando, FL
the seller normally pays for the estoppel. IF there is more than one assn then yes the could be more than one estoppel fee to pay. Transfer fees are mandated in the HOA or COA Docs but are only allowed if the Docs require buyer to be approved by HOA or COA. Recording fees are usually on the buyer side of the HUD.
Hope this helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
Read my blog on this:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/mark_lemenager/2011/09/closing_co…

Typically the seller pays, but all costs are negotiable. Read you contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013