Home Selling in Collegeville>Question Details

Tammy, Home Seller in Collegeville, PA

Who is the best seller's real estate agent in the Collegeville, PA area?

Asked by Tammy, Collegeville, PA Mon Nov 10, 2008

Hey Tammy,

Good question but the only people who can answer this questions is home seller's like you. Naturally, all Realtors think they are the best. I know that I provide excellent service to my clients. But, the only way you would know that is to talk with my past clients or to use me yourself and then decide. Many home owners see Realtor signs in the area and think that because they have more homes for sale, they must be the best but remember a home for sale is not a home sold! Your best bet is to interview Realtors, have a list of questions or concerns that are important to you and then decide for yourself. I myself do not yes home owners to death. I am very honest. If I think a home owner's sale price is too high or unrealistic, I tell them. If the home owner thinks their home is in great condition but in reality it needs updating or improvements, I tell them. It's important have a Realtor who is honest with you. The last thing you need is to get your hopes up and then sit on the market for a year.

I hope my advice helps you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to just ask me.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com Where you can get your Free market snapshot
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 10, 2008

Everyone wants an agent that is diligent, knowledgeable, responsive, and always keeps their clients in the loop of how their property is being marketed.

Consider a part time agent who is trying to go full-time, more times than not it is the part timer who trying to go full time that will be the most ambitious. Also an agent who is tech savy and in touch with the world of social media and online advertising. An agent with an internet presence can go a long way.

Also consider an agent who does not have any listings, that way 100% of their energy/resources can be committed to marketing your property.

It would be a good idea to employ an agent who will always tell you the truth, and be completely straight forward with you. Your agent isnt there to be hurtful but helpful.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

"Real Estate is my Business, Complete Client satisfaction is my purpose"
Hi, Tammy! I am not a realtor, but someone who used The Andrea Szlavik Team, Prudential Fox Roach in Collegeville, PA. My agent was Jill Iris, who worked in conjunction with Broker/Agent Andrea Szlavik. These women are the epitome of professionalism! Jill & Andrea listed my home, priced it according to the market, marketed it very satisfactorily, and then sold it is 3 weeks. In fact, I had 2 bidders vying for my home, and this was only a year and a 1/2 ago, during the market slump. Then, Jill & Andrea helped me purchase a new home, getting me the best value for my new home. Unfortunately, after only 1 year of living in my new home, personal circumstances forced me to sell. Unbelievably, my house sold in 2 days, again with 2 buyers vying for my home. Both of these realtors will help you through the entire real estate process. I can't say enough good things about Jill and the Andrea Szlavik Team. You won't be sorry contacting them at 1-610-420-8353 (Andrea) or 610-613-8861 (Jill). Good luck, Tammy!
Hello Tammy,

You are welcomed to read my bio. If you have an questions, please don't hesitate to call. 610-291-0812.

Email Chris Nevins at Zip Realty. They are a buyers best friend. They will do all the legwork for you and then rebate you 20% of their commission. I just bought a home in Collegeville at a great price. It was end unit with 3 beds and 2 1/2 baths under the sale value and the seller paid 1/2 the closing costs.

Mike McCloskey
Hi Tammy. Collegeville is an absolutely AMAZING market! Home values here tend to sustain themselves -- even in this market. The relative stability of the market is great news for homesellers -- like you (or perhaps a friend, family member or neighbor). Peruse agents' websites (if they don't have one -- or if their website is "cookie cutter" just like everybody else in their office -- do you think they're creative enough or willing to truly INVEST in their clients -- to work HARD for their clients?

Remember: just because someone's been in the business longer, doesn't necessarily mean they're "better". The beauty and value of a real estate agent is truly in the eyes of the beholder:)

What do I mean by that? Interview at least 3 or so realtors. (And yes..they should not only be a real estate "associate"...they should be a full-fledged REALTOR) Interview them. And, ultimately, go with your "gut"....do you LIKE the person? do you TRUST the person?

Good luck with your search! And don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have at 610.324.5240.

Also for FREE Special Reports for Sellers, visit my website at: http://www.JudysFineHomes.com/meet/reports.htm.

Judy May, JD, Realtor
O: 610.489.7700 x. 3612
C: 610.324.5240
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 27, 2008
Hi Tammy, Call me
What are your expectations of your agent? When you hire me , I will exceed your expectations. This is a great time for you to list your home. Serious buyers are out there and I know how to get them!
There are many good agents. Some may specialize in certain price range or certain communities. It depends on what you are looking for. You might want to interview 3 agents. Do not choose based on price they will list at but on other things. Bill has mentioned some goos tips. If you would like me to refer an agent please email or call me . Gita 215-343-8200x124 gita01@aol.com
If you are also looking to buy, make sure the agent is also a good buyer's agent.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2008
In my opinion, Lynne Norris from Century 21 Norris in Phoenixville.
Web Reference: http://www.lynnenorris.com
That is a tough question. You should interview several agents and pick the agent that you are most comfortable with. The best agent will be honest and tell you exactly what needs to be done in order to sell your home. You do not want an agent that will yes you to death, but one that will give you the truth. I had a seller who put their home on the market with another agent and could not sell it. I came in and told them they needed to take down all the wallpaper (that they loved) and paint the home a neutral color. After they did this, the home sold in a week. Another seller I had insisted on keeping all their family photos up until the home sold. I told them to take them down if they wanted their home sold. 1 week after they did this, they had multiple offers and over asking price. There are things you need to do as well as the realtor to sell the home. The best realtor cannot sell your home at your price, if you are not willing to listen to their advice. Any home will sell "as is" for a price much lower than the seller is willing to accept. So you will need to find that agent that is not worried about hurting your feelings and gives you their advice on what will sell your home. Let me know if that helps.
The best seller's real estate agent in Collegeville, Pa is the agent that tells you the truth, and backs it up with facts and statistics. You need an agent that is not afraid to tell you the truth, because a truly motivated seller can waste time chasing the market. The best seller's agent is willing to walk away, when a seller wants to list their home for an unrealistic price out of the market. In today's market, buyers are looking for value pricing and if we don't meet those expectations, we'll look overpriced and overlooked. Buyers are looking for a great value-a good home at a good price. It's all about competition-seller's need to have their home in good condition, staged well, and priced competetively. Any questions? Give me a call 610-864-1487
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 23, 2008

I am not sure if you have gotten the answer you have been looking for yet. Faith seems to hit the nail on the head the closest in that the best seller's agent is going to be extremely personal to you. In today's New Market so much is changing so quickly in financing, Buyer pool, houses on market, ect., that the agent you really need to find is the one who is going to take the time and risk to sit with you and ask thought provoking questions to determine what is the most important thing to you about selling at this time, so they can make that the most important thing to them. At the end of the day the best agent for you will be the one who understands your goals and needs on the front side and can honestly help your reach them. Many of Mr. Eckler's points are valid as well in that the agent's stats and marketing plans make a large difference, though I also agree with Faith on this that some of the high profile agents may also be "Very Busy" and not have the ability to give you as much time and attention as your situation may call for.

Neil Haverly
Tammy... I must say that when I saw your question posted I was quite anxious to see what my colleagues would have to say...Actually, I'd expected to see quite a few more answers like Joe Sheehans! But seriously, choosing the best agent for YOUR situation is as individual as choosing your spouse! It must be the perfect fit. In making this decision-it is absolutely imperative that you feel comfortable and uninhibited by that agent. You must be able to ask ANY question that pops into your mind and not feel as if your agent is thinking you are being ridiculous. Also, I ask that you consider the fact that seeking out top producers may not always be the way to go...while these agents are top producers for a reason--they are also often times VERY busy and are simply unable to give you the attention that you deserve. Tammy, I hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 16, 2008

Collegeville is not unlike other regions of the country in that there are typically many top agents that have the skills and ability to sell homes regardless of the type of market that exists. But, "the best real estate agent?"

This would rival asking a total stranger to pick out a beautiful home that will meet your families needs without understanding your criteria or knowing anything about your family.

A best quality to one person may be a negative quality to another. There is a large pool of excellent agents that bring a very wide variety of talents and personalities to the table. The best agent, is no doubt going to be someone that YOU can work well with and therefore should be someone you invest some time to identify.

Your best action is to identify some high profile agents and interview them relative to your personal needs and expectations. These are some areas you may want to target:

1.How many homes have you sold in the past 6 months?

2. Are you a full time agent?

3. What is your personal marketing plan?

4. What is your plan to sell my home?

5. Tell me about your companies advertising budget. Tell me about yours.

6. Show me the scope of your personal business internet presence.

7. How are you and your company reaching foreign buyers?

8. Why should we choose you instead of another agent?

9. Are you willing to provide me with names of former customers as references?

10. How do you plan on keeping us informed during the selling process?

The "Best Agent" should not only be someone that can sell homes but someone that you feel you can both trust and work closely with.

Best wishes,
The "Eckler Team"
Michael Saunders & Company

2008 Five Star Award for Outstanding Customer Service
Trulia says I need at least 25 characters minimum for my response:

I am

What expectations do you have for a listing agent? More importantly, how realistic are you willing to be with price terms in this market? Although the marketing mix to attract potential buyers to your house can be extensive and successful, it is often the price, especially in today's crisis of consumer confidence, that dissuades buyers from moving forward. There are 2 reasons for this hesitation: 1) requirements for mortgage funding have and continue to change "daily" and 2) value proposition. As for financing, structuring the deal to take advanatage of what is available is a necessary skillset of an agent in today's market. As for value proposition, this is subjective, but a Seller needs to truly price the property to sell based on the statistics at hand. Anyway, good hunting in your search for your agent.
The best Listing agent in Collegeville? That is a loaded question! I am sure you will get plenty of responses from agents. It depends on what you call "the best". Each person has thier own criterea. I know a few very good Listing agents. Contact me if you would like a few names to interview.
the very best of luck to you!

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@verizon.net http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com -