laurenpenalo…, Home Seller in 66106

Who do I contact regarding an appraiser who has done an appraisal based on bias?

Asked by laurenpenaloza, 66106 Wed Oct 10, 2012

A former rehab-er whom is now an appraiser has appraised 3 of my homes and low balled them every time. The second appraiser (not a former rehab-er) brings the home in at sale amount or very close. She blatantly said that we make too much money. Who can we contact to help us?

Answers

1
You should be represented at ALL times by a licensed, board-affiliated Realtor (R) trained to provide accurate and conclusive market data that supports your sale price. Regardless of what you think or have heard, when it comes to the interest of lenders and FHA, appraisers are not the decision makers. If you've been subject to an erroneous appraisal and you feel your Realtor (R) has taken it lying down, it's time to consider a change. [especially] Even if the Realtor (R) is you. [/especially]