Home Selling in Sun Prairie>Question Details

Condoforsale, Home Seller in Sun Prairie, WI

Which realtor in Sun Prairie has sold the most homes in the last year?

Asked by Condoforsale, Sun Prairie, WI Fri Jan 22, 2010

Looking to list my condo and want to get someone who can sell it. Also interested in percentage of sale price realtor receives. I know I will be taking a loss so want to preserve as much as I can.

Answers

6
Whoever sold the most - is not necessarily the best.

Interview 3 Realtors in the area that come recommended. Although you may end up with the most prolific Realtor in the community - you may find a less productive, but hard working agent that can give you and your listing more time and attention.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 22, 2010
Some superb answers on this thread. It's true, volume does not necessarily mean quality service. A personal observation on my part: even though over the years I've built up a good business, I will say that when I first started out that even though I had a smaller amount of listings and buyers, that I was able to devote a much larger amount of attention to those clients.
I know that all of these responses don't directly answer your question, but these agents would be doing you a disservice to let it go as a simple matter of statistics.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2014
The goal is to sell it in the least amount of time, for the most money and at the least inconvience. The agent who sells the most or has the best statistics isn't always the best agent. Living in Sun Prairie for over 15 years I need to know Sun Prairie and know what has happened to the City Assessor values over the last 3 years to provide you the best information available to make your decision.
There are alot of Condos in Sun Prairie and with lender guidlines tightening up, I need to let you know what has sold in each neighborhood and how from neighborhood to neighborhood condos change.
percentage of Sales Price is alys important but you need to see the value compared to hanging onto your condo longer than you might not want to.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other Real Estate questions.

Cindy Ulsrud
First Weber Group
608-628-8640
Hello Condoforsale,

I agree with most of the answers I have seen so far. The most sales does not always equal the best Realtor for you. Every client has a different set of needs and every realtor has different tools they bring to the table. You want to interview a few different agents and see what they can do for you. You also want to make sure you feel comfortable working with this person, you may be working with this person for 6 months so you want to make sure it is a good fit. In 2009 the average "days on the market" for condos in Sun Prairie was 188 days. obviously that is an average and that number usually changes depending on your price range. The good news is that number was 113 days over the last 6 months of 2009. The point is you may be working together for some time and you want to make sure you they fill your needs and that you make a great team. This may save a lot of frustration down the road.

I live and work in the city of Sun Prairie and I would be happy to talk with you about the current market conditions, current value of your home and what I could do to help you get it sold for top dollar. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Brent Dorner
Century 21 Affiliated
http://www.Century21SunPrairie.com
225-9966
I agree with Charlie. With the current market, to look at the realtor who has sold the most condo's is not a fair assessment of who can sell yours. Fortunately or unfortunately distressed properties are selling in this market. Realtors who are trained in selling distressed condos is not the agent you want to represent you.
You will want to hire an agent who is familiar with the area and understands the local market. The large auction of Kraus condo's earlier in 2009 hurt the condo market in Sun Prairie, it looks like we are starting to recover from that. Staging and pricing a condo is especially important in todays market. I just did a search on the current market of condo's in Sun Prairie, there are 133 active listings, 4 have offers. Having said that, we are seeing more activity in the market because of the tax credits. I believe this is the best time to list and market a property.
If you would like to discuss this more, please feel free to contact me.
I wish you good luck.
Dear Condo for Sale,

You want to look at a few items when looking at hiring a Realtor in your area.

What is their average DOM( Days on Market)?
What is their average List to Sale Price Ratio?
What % of the Listing Taken has the Realtor Sold?

From there, your price is determined by the market. In a buyer's market, which we are in, being the most competitively priced, best condition and best location will sell your home. Also, you will be competing with a lot of other condos that are on the market. There are not many features that differentiate your condo from the next. The only thing that will in a buyer's market is the price.

The longer your home/condo is on the market, the lower your offer price will be with buyers. Market data can back this statement up.

Realtor's professional fees range from 5% to 7% depending on the company and what they will do to help you sell your home.

When it is priced competitively and marketed appropriately, then your condo will sell at the market value.

If you want to learn more and what it will take, feel free to contact me.