Pat Hale, Home Buyer in Fayetteville, AR

Which realtor Assist2Sell or Murney would do thebest job in selling a house in this market and why?

Asked by Pat Hale, Fayetteville, AR Tue Feb 15, 2011

Answers

6
Relative to Lina's input and Murney's solid record of listings and sales, we just want to let you know about our exposure on the internet. In my office, we advertise in the REAL ESTATE BOOK, and all our listings are also put on http://www.realestatebook.com; in addition Murney's listing feed to many other websites - besides our http://www.murney.com. Our homes can also be found on craigslist, zillow, trulia, google, househunting.ca, Unique Global Estates, kazork.com, The Housing Pages, pcsrealty.net, cyberhomes, yahoo real estate, homefinder.com and more...so Murney has quite an internet presence itself.
Web Reference: http://www.murney.com
I'm not in your market, but I needed to refer a client to a Realtor in that area not long ago. I chose Murney because of the level of service that they would provide. I knew that they would sit down with my client and give them good solid information, help them through the hurdles that they would face and provide realistic help with whatever came up while they were getting the home ready to go on the market. They would be there to help with negotiating a solid contract, taking care of the million and one details that are required to get an accepted contract to a smooth closing, then be there at the closing. I'm confident that my clients will receive the same care and attention to detail that I would have provided them if they were in the St Louis area, from guidance on necessary repairs to the home prior to putting it on the market, to help staging, to full service marketing to solid negotiations. I'm not going to refer a client to another realtor unless I'm confident that they will get the job done right and I felt that Murny was the one to do it in your area.
Web Reference: http://www.YourSTLHome.com
Pat,

Honestly, each company can give you reasons they believe they would be the best in selling a home. Personally, I believe RE/MAX is the best company to sell your home specifically for the internet exposure you can gain through their website. Marketing a home is not just local, many buyers are searching from out of state. People in other parts of the country don't know local companies, but they know RE/MAX, so more people search the RE/MAX website than the other.

Having said that, there are great agents in each company. The key here is to choose the agent that is right for you, and will market your home in a way that will provide it the greatest exposure to potential buyers. Each agent has their own unique marketing strategy. Some apply more emphasis on print ads, others focus more on the internet. My advice would be to find an agent that has a very strong internet presence. 90% of buyers are there, yet many agents haven't jumped on the internet bandwagon yet.

If it were me, I would interview 3 agents. Find out what that agent's specific marketing plan is, and choose the one that you believe will provide the greatest exposure to your home.

Best of luck to you!
Pat,
I'm not in your market so I can't speak to the statistics like Gina. The main reason people choose to use Limited service companies is the perception of saving money. I say perception because it's not always true. In many cases these sellers take on more risk and responsibility and in the end come out the same or worse off for their efforts.
If you are very experienced in residential real estate sales, have purchased and sold several homes, keep up on the changing laws and trends in the field, a limited service company may be okay.
For most people I strongly recommend they focus on finding the best agent available as the first criteria. A great agent brings value to the transaction and is worth more than their commission. A bad agent will cost you time, money and heart ache and in the end any hoped for savings will be long gone.
Best of luck however you decide.
In '09 Murney sold listings of $277,059,082 - over $277 MILLION - with combined sales in '09 of $569,537,922

In '09 Assist2Sell sold listings of $25, 560,648 - over $25 MILLION - with combined sales in '09 of $40,167,074

Murney ended the year with over 31% of the market and our nearest competitor had only 12%.

Who would you want selling your home?

Based on information from the GSBOR & the Springfield MLS for Jan 1, 09 - Dec 31, 09 Report data generated Jan 11, 2010.
Murney listings sold in the entire year of '09 $277,059,882 -- over $277 million
Assist-2-Sell listings sold in the entire year of '09 $25,560,648 -- over $25 million

You decide!

Murney "ended the year with 31% of market share the year with over 31% of the market and our nearest competitor had only 12%."

Based on information from the Greater Springfield Board of Realtors and the Springfield MLS for the period of January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009. Report data generated January 11, 2010.