Home Selling in Glendale>Question Details

R. Sam, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA

Which Real Estate Brokerage firm is a good choice for "New Salespersons" for Training & Commissions?

Asked by R. Sam, Glendale, CA Tue Mar 15, 2011

I am new to Real Estate profession and am deciding which Brokerage firm to join to start my career? Will the experienced Agents in this website kindly recommend good brokerage firms in Glendale, Burbank, Los Angeles areas (close to my Zip code 91204) which offers good training and good commission percentages?
Your advice and suggestions will be of Great Help.

Answers

10
R.
You have some great answers below, so let me just add a few small considerations.
In order to make money in real estate you need to be able to find people who need to buy or sell. We have a term called "lead generation", and in order to be successful you need to be very good at generating leads so you have people to talk with about buying and selling.

Then once you talk with them you need to be able to determine how serious they are about buying or selling. Part of that process, especially for sellers, is effectively negotiating price, terms, and commission. A properly priced listing will sell more quickly, sell for a higher price, and make for a happier seller.

Just-released statistics show that Keller Williams Realty is a leader in a couple of key components that will help you achieve success in these activities:
1. KW agents worked with more buyers and sellers in transactions (we call them "sides", as is side of a transactions) than the National Association of Realtors average.
2. KW agents earned more commission as a percent of the sale than the National Association of Realtor averages
3. When the average percent of Realtors declined across the board 3%, Keller Williams agent growth was 4%, or a net gain of 7% more agents.

I would be happy to arrange for you to speak with some successful agents in our office so you can ask them about the training available that lead to their success.

Good luck to you! Two great books to read, "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" by Dave Jenks, Jay Papasan, and Gary Keller, and by the same authors, "SHIFT".
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 16, 2011
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I have been a Realtor for over 30 years, and have joined a few real estate companies in my career,
but definitely will advice a new agent especially, to join a Keller Williams office for excellent and on going training. I have never seen a company so consumed with improving their agent's professional growth and productivity, than Keller Williams Realty.
Sounds like KW wins by a knock out. However, I would really ask yourself exactly what type of RE you want to focus on? Residential, commercial, property management, distressed property, etc. Then find out who's who in that particular field.

The RE landscape has changed dramatically in the past few years and a lot of big machine franchised or national brokerages have been slow to adapt to new, progressive and leading edge models. Some have become downright dinosaurs but I won't mention any names. Just do some homework and you'll find out who's who.

I might also recommend you look up Mike Ferry in Las Vegas. He's been around the RE game for decades. I knew him very well when I lived in Newport Beach. I moved to San Diego in 1982 and he's relocated to Vegas but he's still very active in RE training and has probably one of the best lead generation programs in the RE biz. My nephew who is with me has been through his program and swears by him.

If you want to specialize in distressed properties feel free to contact us. We are an all-in-one in house buy, rehab, sell and/or hold to lease/rent brokerage, construction, property management, finance and investment company located in San Diego and are very busy in this exciting part of the RE world.

But whatever you decide to do Good Luck and welcome to the wonderful world of REAL ESTATE.
While not in Ca, I did start out with a large local company because they had several offices and a training facility near by which really did help go from class room stuff you will never use to filling in the blanks correctly on an offer and how to present it. You can be sure the big names that you know of, like C21, Coldwell, Keller, Etc are going to have training available and you, as a new agent, need all you can get right now. I will bet that you will find the commissions are going to be pretty much the same for a new agent, earn more and they usually will go up too.
Hi R. Sam,

Welcome to real estate! I would highly recommend talking to the Keller Williams office out there. I wish I would have started with them. They have so much training that will give you the foundation you need to get started in real estate.
I think your question has been answered correctly by two out of three. I posted my license with Century21, I have no regrets; as a matter of fact, I enjoyed my time there.

I researched several offices before I moved, several top named companies, but after extensive interviews and thinking, I decided Keller Williams was it. They proved to me this was where I needed to be. I have more info should you need it to make you decision final. Just email and we can continue...
Hi Sam,
I would strongly suggest you Dilbeck Realtors. When I was starting 7 year ago I did spend a lot of time to decide where to go. Now I know that I did a perfect choice going with Dilbeck. I am sure you will be very happy too. If you would like to talk more please give me a call and we can talk in more details.
Ripsi Yepremyan
Dilbeck Realtors
Tel. 818.522.0660
DRE #01488880
View my website at:
http://housesaleinfo.com
Web Reference: http://housesaleinfo.com
Keller Williams in Glendale is the real estate family you want to join. Excellent training, superior support and opportunity. They have offices in Glendale, Burbank and La Canada. You won't be disappointed. Call Nick and Mike and tell them Team Green sent you.
Web Reference: http://teamgreenrealty.com
R. Sam, most real estate companies have seen a decline in number of agents when the market shifted. Keller Williams continues to grow and out perform every other Real Estate company in the US. The Millionaire Real Estate Agent (written by Gary Keller) sets the standard for how to start your real estate career every step of the way. From being a single agent to running a Mega real estate team, Keller Williams offers the best training programs hands down. Let me know if you'd like a copy of the book. I'm in LA too and can mail you a copy.

Lee Williams
Best of the South Bay Agent
Hi Sam,

I am with Century 21 Hometown and love the company. It has a great training program and lot of help for new dales person. Commission depends upon your production.
Web Reference: http://www.judysharma.com