Lee Grosberg, Home Seller in Riverdale, Bronx, NY

Where is the best places to advertise my Riverdale coop apt?

Asked by Lee Grosberg, Riverdale, Bronx, NY Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

11
There are many ways that you can go about advertising your property for sale without a realtor and I would be happy to show you how we can work together and help each other. You will come across many individuals in your home selling process many of whom you may not be able to assist. I can show you how to sell your home with or without a realtor and you can pass along the buyers that aren't going to buy your home to me. If you'd like to hear more I'm available this Wednesday at 5pm 917-568-2009.
thank you Mark
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014
That's a smart approach, Barbara. I like that!
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Hello Lee,

My name is Antonio Sanchez and I am licensed realtor with exit realty search. I am an active real estate agent that helps the client get what they want, if you are still looking for a hard working realtor that knows all the aspects of advertising your property i would like to set up and appointment for us to talk so that I can show you how I am able to work for you.
Hi Lee, I think the best way to advertise your cooperative is through a licensed experienced broker.

Please feel free to stop by my office on Johnson Ave and I would be happy to answer all your questions.

Good luck with your sale.

Greg Kochanov | Associate Broker | Realtor ® | Gold Circle Member
Halstead Property Riverdale, LLC | 3531 Johnson Ave, Riverdale, NY 10463
Tel: 718.878.1721 | Fax: 212.486.2265 | Cell: 718.986.6431 | gkochanov@halstead.com
Lee,

You have some great answers here from the top professionals in your market. Trulia will give you top exposure and the MLS but your best bet is listing with an agent to get your Coop SOLD!

Best of Luck!

Millie Valentin
RE/MAX VOYAGE
1930 Williamsbridge Road, 2nd Flr
Bronx, NY 10461
http://www.bronxwestchesterhomes.com
Dear Lee,
The best way to get your coop sold is to list (and sign) with a trustworthy and experienced real estate agent. Most of the traffic will be coming from other agents who will be getting this listing info from industry-only data-bases, placed there by an exclusive agent, who will handle the large influx (we hope!) of calls. Additionally, we advertise EVERYWHERE (at least my firm does). I guarantee you that if you advertise on your own, over 90% of the calls you will receive are from real estate agents like me looking to sign you up as a client. I can give you a plethora of reason for why you should list with an agent, but so will just about any other agent who answers your post, so I’ll refrain from doing that here.
Should you really truly want to take the plunge and advertise it yourself, PLEASE HEED THIS ADVICE: Get yourself a temporary phone number from a service that will set up a voice-mail box for you where you can leave a recording, and get messages from prospective buyers (or more likely agents who want your listing). This service runs appx $25 for 3 months and is well worth it. This way you will not get calls on your home or cell phone that you don’t want at all odd and inconvenient hours, as well as past the point when your apt is in contract, board approved, and even sold and closed. Once you advertise a property on your own, it gets picked up by many portals that scavenge for this info, gets put into various data bases whether you like it or not, but does not update it. Leave this headache to an exclusive agent.

But to answer your question in a nutshell: NY Times and Streeteasy. Many of today's Riverdale purchasers come from outside Riverdale, so the Riverdale Press and Review, while typically the first things that may come to mind. will not go as far as the NY Times and Streeteasy, which are online and accessible from anywhere.

Having said that, feel free to contact me so we can discuss the most efficient way for you to get your unit sold in the current Riverdale market (which is moving very very slowly, and that’s the reality). I will be happy to impart more of my sage advice to you. Despite what this Trulia banner says, I am not in Manor Park. I service Riverdale and Manhattan. I currently live in Riverdale and have been here for most of my life.

Thanks and good luck!

Mark Weitzman
Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman
646-281-8763
mweitzman@elliman.com
Now with Keller Williams Realty same cell#. email: markweitzman@kw.com
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Hi Lee,

There are many sites to advertise on for Riverdale (Doug mentioned some of them). My company (which is down on Kappock street) advertises on a couple dozen sites including those, Streeteasy.com, Yahoo.com, Hotpads.com, Backpage.com, etc... It can get overwhelming and quite expensive. Let me know if there is anything you need or if you find that you would like to have someone come by and help you price your property. this is free of charge and would be my pleasure.

I look forward to hearing from you,

JOE GREENE

Broker/Owner
WEICHERT,REALTORS - House & Home
609 Kappock Street
Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 432-5000 (Office)
(718) 432-2091 (Fax)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
joegreene@weichert.com
Hi: The best place is to put it on the MLS (Multiple Listing System). You'll have exposure to all the brokers & most buyers use a broker. You'll also automatically get pushed to hundreds of other real estate related websites where the buyers will see your listing, including: Realtor.com, Trulia.com, & Zillow.com. You can see more information on our website: http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com or call me at the office: 914-273-9688 if you have any questions or interest. Thanks! Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty.
The best place to "sell" your co-op is to hire a Realtor.
Hi Lee,

Good question. Trulia (as you know) is one of the premier websites for real estate as is Zillow. Craigslist is ok, but buyers often have to sift through too many repeat advertisements and they give up. You can also try forsalebyowner.com. The Riverdale Press may be something worth looking into if you want print exposure.

But really, the best way to advertise your Riverdale co-op is through the MLS. The Empire Access MLS syndicates automatically to dozens of sites including the ones I mentioned and exposes your home to the top brokers and agents in Riverdale, the Bronx, and lower Westchester. I am a member of the EAMLS as are all the top realtors in the area. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best of luck!

David Rodriguez
david.rodriguez@pantigagroup.com
718.451.6859
Web Reference: http://www.pantigagroup.com
If you are not listed with an agent, for maximum exposure consider the idea.....
Hi Lee-

The best places are sites such as realtor.com, zillow, and trulia, but for a for sale by owner try Craigslist (I sold a coop in Riverdale last year with a buyer from Craigslist), NY Times Online, and the Riverdale Press.

Good luck in selling your unit. If you need any comparable sales data, please let me know.