Home Selling in Santa Ana>Question Details

Shawn, Home Seller in Santa Ana, CA

Where do I find the number of days homes are on the market?

Asked by Shawn, Santa Ana, CA Tue Jul 6, 2010

Answers

12
Amanda Barnes’ answer
The Best Way is to contact a Local Realtor in the Area. They have a MLS System that allows them to pull all the history on the Listing and Help you find out any information that you need.
If you know the property is listed across an MLS system, then the best way is to ask any real estate agent. I would guess that if you emailed any of the realtors that here on trulia, they would be happy to help you out.
Shawn,
Mostly there are NO websites that will disclose the Days on Market to the Consumer. There is a few reasons for this. I would suggest speaking with your local realtor to get that information that your looking for. There also could be a listing that might have been on the market forever due to overpricing, when this happens I'll try to pull it off the market for a certain amount of time just to input it again and get my clients back to zero days on market.. This works out well usually, especially when I have gotten a good price reduction because lot's of realtors skip the old inventory as well when they thumb through the MLS looking at Days on Market..
I agree with you Jason, only the local realtor and agents can help you get all the information regarding the number of days on market. The websites does not provide such information. A professional can help you much better I think.
Flag Wed Apr 2, 2014
Hello Shawn;
The number of days on the market is not usually showing in the websites search engine. Also even if you have an access to MLS the number of days in the market can only indicates the days that the current listing agent has posted the property in the market. You can find out the exact number by contacting the local agents or contact the listing agent and they should be able to let you know of how long the property was or is in the market. You can call me at 949-510-1055 and I can pull out the listing for you and get you the exact information about the subject property too.
Shadi Kian
Broker
DeltaMax Mortgage/Realty
Lake Forest - CA
949-510-1955
Day on the Market are the days that it has been on the MLS, that is not couinting the Days the Owner has been trying to sell the house. If you just type in the complete address in the search area of your search engine like Google.com or what ever you use the basic information will be available, or go to Realtor.com type in the address to find the listing agent and talk to them directly about the property. That way you don't get second hand information..........
Web Reference: http://www.we-pay-cash.net
Shawn,
At lot of the sites the public has access to may not show DOM or days on market. A local Realtor is your best source of thes information. A home may have been previously listed and they would know this information as well.
Phil Schaefer
Hi there Shawn, If you hvae an agent working for you then they can get you this information. If you do not have one , you should get one, in todays competitive market , you need a professional in your corner more than ever.

Kind Regards
Mihael Barron
First Team Real Estate
Many marketing websites DO show "DOM" days on market, however only a Realtor will be able to give you a definitive answer my looking in the MLS to see what the current DOM is,,

& even then, the property could have been on the market previously,,the MLS is even a little sneaky with that showing a DOM & a CDOM "cumulative days on market", so the total may actually be higher.

If you have a particular property in mind, I can check this for you & give you the history if it was on the market previously. You can also sign up to search MLS listings with a Listingbook acct., this program allows you to search the MLS just like I do & it DOES display DOM.

Email me directly as I won't check back on this same Trulia posting.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell
Ask you Realtor. If you do not yet have a Realtor to represent you, find one who specializes int he area in which you are interested in purchasing. How to find one? Ask friends, business associates and family FOR A REFERRAL. INTERVIEW SEVERAL. Good lick and God Bless you.
Your agent can provide you with accurate days on the market information as the days are stated on MLS---
Many websites have this information, one such being at http://www.guidetolocalrealestate.com . Plus, it will let you know any special conditions such as whether a short sale, bank owned or if it already has a back up offer, etc.
Hi Shawn,

Typically you would ask a real estate agent who has access to your local MLS.

They would be able to tell you the days on market (DOM) as well as any other information about the house you would want to know. Also, most MLS's have an "agent only" remarks section where there is some useful information also.

- Michael