Nj_dad, Both Buyer and Seller in 14625

Where can I obtain a copy of ALL the standard real estate forms used in Jersey City, NJ to buy a house? I do

Asked by Nj_dad, 14625 Wed Jul 22, 2009

not have my property listed for sale with a real estae firm, but do have someone who wants to buy my property, so want to make sure I have all the necessary forms to fill out before handing everything over to my attorney to produce the final contract. What I'm looking for are:
1. Purchase Offer form
2. Property Disclosure Form
3. Sales & Transfer of Title Contingency form
4. Environmenatl and Lead based paint forms (and handout booklets)
5. Property Inspection forms
6. Purchase & Sale Contract for Residential property forms
7. Any other forms that might be required.

Thanks.

Answers

12
You need to see your attorney for these documents. The forms that REALTORS use in New Jersey can only be used by Brokers of sales persons licensed by the New Jersey Real Estate Commission. There are penalties if the forms are used by anyone else.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 23, 2009
Nj_dad,

I don't know about New Jersey, but in IL I just contacted the title and escrow company we planned on using and they were very happy to supply all the forms. The buyer and I just used the sales contract basically as a mock up scribbling in changes where necessary. I took that contract along with all the other disclosures that the buyer and I went over to the an attorney. He reviewed all the disclosure forms giving me the third degree, and prepared a contract that would be more presentable to the lender with all the changes that the buyer and I made (no scribbling and initialling). I gave a copy to the buyer and kept a copy for myself. Of course we signed the polished version of the contract as well. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 22, 2009
SInce you state you have an attorney, have the attorney draw up the contract and documents for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 22, 2009
If you are selling your home on your own without the assistance of a realtor then you should have an attorney draw up all the documents that you need to sell your home. Just give your lawyer the information about the buyer and your property and they'll do the rest.
As an investor myself,

the correct answer is both,

get an attorney to draw up one or just go to staples or a office supply store.

However the attorney is very key.

Agents are required to carry errors and ommissions insurance to cover if the buyer sues after the transaction.

If you dont have an attorney, what will you use in case the buyer sues you after the transaction?

hope that helps

Linden Moe
Citzens Premier real estate
DIRECT 201-839-4927
http://hudsoncountyrealestatechat.com/130/home-selling-tips-…
NJ_dad: See the Web Reference. If I can ever be of service in the future please don't hesitate to call on me.
You never "have" to use an attorney but there's a wise adage that states that someone who represents themselves has a fool for a client. As an attorney, I ALWAYS use another attorney for any of my personal transactions.
I recommend that you do the same. Look at the amount of money involved - a lawyer's fee is a small percentage of that amount.
Best wishes,
Michele
Web Reference: http://www.mpetersesq.com
Go to a reputable Realtor and sign a listing agreement with them.
NJ Dad: The forms are not available to unlicensed individuals, however your attorney should be preparing all of these documnets for you. If you are not using an agent you absolutely need an attorney in New Jersey. As an owner you are not held to the same standards as a Broker but none-the-less want to be covered on every aspect of the sale. Good luck to you.

Camille Miller
http://www.JustJerseyRealEstate.com
Your attorney might have some of the paperwork you need. Certainly he can produce a contract for you. Lead based paint is only required if the propety was built prior to 1978, and typically there isn't a disclosure form or sales and transfer of title contingency. All of those items are covered in the standard NJ contract of sale supplied by the National Association Of Realtors. A purchase offer form you draw up yourself because remember an offer doesn't become binding until after a contract is signed and attorney review is concluded.
Consult your real estate attorney before creating any forms however.

Good luck to you!
The forms we use,as Realtors, are taylored for use by memebers of the Real Estate profession. They are not to be used by tha general public as these are legal documents.

You can either contact a Real Estate office/ Agent and ask for help(that may entail a fee, no body likes to work for free) or,

talk to an Attorney who will guide you through the process, most likely for a fee too.

Good luck either way.

Ahmad Abbasi
201-407-6567
Web Reference: http://abbasihomes.com
Any office Depot or Office Supply store should have them also you can buy them online just go to google and search Real Estate Forms.