Home Selling in Spring Hill>Question Details

k10kcarl10, Home Seller in Spring Hill, FL

Where can I find out how many properties have been sold in the past year by a prospective RE agent?

Asked by k10kcarl10, Spring Hill, FL Tue May 14, 2013

Answers

8
Wouldn't it be great if that were a yardstick by which you could measure Realtors by? I personally know a few Realtors who sell many homes, earn between $250-$500K/yr, and I wouldn't select to represent someone I did not like. I know Realtors who sold 10 million dollar homes, while others sold 100-200 short sale homes for similar volume. Could that make them equals to the untrained eye?

I wish I knew how you were planning to use such information. There just might be better questions to ask to get to the place you want to be...

Peter J. Lee
Future Home Realty
the3pete@att.net
(704) 231-0952- cell
(727) 848-1083- home
(813) 855-4982 ext. 157- office
peterlee.mfr.mlxchange.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 14, 2013
Excellent point, Peter!
Flag Tue May 14, 2013
Your question is a valid one.

The fact is - there are really two sides to the argument.

Top producing agents are going to try and sell the fact that they "sell more homes than Agent B" and therefore you are better off because of their experience and track record. It makes sense - if you were in court - would you want the lawyer who was fresh out of school, or the one with the proven track record of success?

Agents who aren't in the top 1%, will try to sell you that experience doesn't matter, and that the "top producing agents" are too busy for you. They do this because they really have no way of explaining "why" they haven't sold as much as Agent A, without looking like someone who is making excuses for themselves.

At the end of day, the question is - what value is your agent providing you, and are you comfortable with their past levels of production. Any agent worth their weigh should be more than happy to provide this information to you.
I agree with Peter Lee.
Do you want an agent you can communicate with or one you will see once and never hear from again because he is to busy as a MEGA seller...so you will always be dealing with different people in his staff?
Do you want an agent that will see you as a number, or an a client?

Homes sell because of one thing, being priced correctly (based on market value and property condition). The second factor is cleanliness and organization (this has nothing to do with price, its all about pride).

So find an agent that has passion and dedication to the job and the clients.....and forget about the number of past sells. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".
Absolutely, Ross! Speaking of... we need to do another $400,000+ deal together soon! :)

Joshua Hanoud, PA
Team Leader
The Hernando Luxury Homes Team
Tropic Shores Realty, LLC
24/7 Cell: 352-397-5182
Josh@HernandoLuxuryHomes.com
Josh, new one coming on tomorrow. Check my Facebook for preview video before it hits the market. Would love to work with you again.
Flag Tue May 14, 2013
Right Josh. The other thing to take into account is the specialty of the agent. For example they may have sold 50 homes that were foreclosures or listed at $30,000 but what use is that to you if you have a home that is a regular sale at $125,000?
Hi k10kcarl10,

Agree 100% with Tracy Hoyt - the only way to know for sure is to ask the agent or their broker (which I'm assuming you've already done, and now are looking to verify).

Ultimately there isn't a good way to get that information other than from the agent or broker... even the MLS isn't a very accurate indicator as many homes are sold out of other MLS Systems or as For Sale by Owners or as New Construction... the only people who would know about those are... you guessed it... the agent and their broker :)

If you don't trust your agent, I would suggest interviewing additional agents. You're dealing in a very expensive transaction, and you will be relying on your agent to guide you through it and help you to maximize the $$ that you can pull out of the property.

If there's anything else I can do to assist, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks and I hope this was helpful for you.

Joshua Hanoud, PA
Team Leader
The Hernando Luxury Homes Team
Tropic Shores Realty, LLC
24/7 Cell: 352-397-5182
Josh@HernandoLuxuryHomes.com
I agree. Talk to the Realtor and ask them about their record. They should be able to back it up with a printed report from the MLS showing their figures. They should know these figures by heart as it's a common question.
K10KCarl10,

You can ask the Agent directly or ask their Broker for that information. If you are trying to determine if they would be a good fit for selling your home, then talking with the Agent is the best choice. You want an Agent you can talk to and that you trust. Selling your home is a big move and having the right person on your team makes all the difference. Please review my profile on Trulia and if I can be of more help, please feel free to email or call me.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt