Home Selling in Plainview>Question Details

Madeline, Home Seller in Plainview, NY

Where can I find a real estate that charges only 4%?

Asked by Madeline, Plainview, NY Tue Mar 16, 2010

Answers

19
In my opinion any Consumer who hears "You get what you pay for" from an Agent should immediately scratch that Agents name off the list of possible Candidates they may Consider using...First it's not exactly the philosophy you want your Agent to have when they are choosing Properties to show you, Second it's just a lame cliche to use ...
An Agent working for less than the Commission they ask for is an inferior Agent or offers inferior Services or less Services...
So that Lawyer or Doctor or Accountant or Title Company or or or is better just because because they Charge more?

Lame and so obviously BS....Shop around, interview and find an Agent that you feel will provide the Services you need and find yourself the best deal....It's what every Shopper does
You are Shopping and they are Selling..If you do not find one at 4% maybe 4.5% or 5% or 5.5% or Flat Fee....

No matter what you are going to have to Shop and as always.....Shop wisely

Dunes the $20 PRO
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 26, 2010
This question was March of 2010
Madeline, all commission are flexible, I would be more than happy to meet with you to view your home and provide you with a market evaluation and we can discuss the commission.
If you are happy with what you hear then you can move forward and hire me to market your home.
Please check my provide and view all of me testimonials from my clients around the country.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Will Roan
Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc.
255 Executive Dr Ste 104
Plainview, NY 11803
631 805 9045
http://www.onesourcewill.com

I just listed a beautiful home in plainview
Real Estate fees are negotiated between the client and agent. You will need to interview different agents and go with the one that you feel confident will get the job done at a fair rate. Good luck on your search
Hello Madeline,
Interview them. Ask them. Everything is negotiable. Just make sure lower commission isn't your first priority.
Web Reference: http://www.LindaHome.com
Dear Madeline-
When choosing a real estate agent cutting their commission might not be the best route. For the following reasons:
- When offering a lower commission people representing potential buyers will often not even offer their clients your home as an option. For example if the agent has a choice to show your home at 4% or another home at 5%, they will most likely choose the higher home commission
- Forget about what the agent is making, decide what YOU need to make from the home and let the agent adjust his commission from there
- As per several real estate sites using, an agent increases your home sale dollars by almost 1/3.
The bottom line is you are looking to save money, but cutting your agents commission is not the way to do it. In fact after all that is said and done offering a lower commission will probably end up in a loss. For more info on choosing a Realtor visit my site for free eBooks.
Robert A. Martini
REALTOR®, e-PRO®
Keller Williams Real Estate
Philadelphia PA
215.605.5497
Rob@PaDreamHouses.com
You may be able to find one even less than 4% . Many will take it way over priced also and just put it on the MLS for a long time. Will you get your money's worth then? Interview the agents and match what they will do against the other. Choose the one that makes sense to you.
Ed
Realtors willing to discount their agency fee, probably don't value the real esate service they provide. And if they are so quick to take money out of their pocket when negotiating their fee, they won't think twice about taking it out of yours when negotiating an offer. In this market you need a good strong marketing agent not just a listing agent, who has the support of a top ranking, nationally recognized company. These realtors are better trained and can negotiate top dollar for you which will more than compensate for a higher commission rate.
It is so true that "You get what you pay for". Choose Wisely!

Lynn Pisani
Lic. Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
516-327-6253
Hi Madeline,

I sell houses for a "flat fee" of $550.00. The most you would pay in commission fees would be 3% + $550.00. I gave a lot of service for a small fee. I will do a market analysis and I provide a laser MLS lockbox, sign and flyer holder and help with contract negotiation, Inspection negotiations. I keep you informed of the market the whole time you have your house listed. The listing is good for 6 months and you can cancel at anytime. Your house will go on the MLS and about 30 other internet websites. I have great references. Please feel free to check out my website http://www.crawfordrealtyinc.com
Very good answers below.

Because commissions are negotiable, you might consider using the same agent to sell your current home and (if you're buying another one) to represent you in buying another. That way, rather than simply saying, "I know you might charge more, but I only want to pay 4%. Will you?" you can ask, "Can we work out a package deal where, if I use you both to sell my current home and to buy another one, we can negotiate on the commission?" That'd strengthen your position substantially. It'd give the agent two commissions, not just one.

Again, no guarantee that the agent will agree to it. And follow the advice below about choosing a good agent, not just one who might be agreeable to a reduced commission. But it's something you could consider.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Dear Madeline,
My office is in Plainview and I can personally refer you to several agents that will charge you 4%. However, I would like to ask you why you have chosen this number? You might find an agent that will charge you 3%. What is really important to you? Just remember that the brokerage fee is relative to the service you are getting. It is totally negotiable by law. I would recommend you interview qualified realtors that can get your house sold instead of an agent that will take your listing and hope it will sell. I am sure you would not shop a surgeon on price if you had to have a surgery where your life was depending on it. Would you?
Make sure you make the right decision.

If you need help finding a qualified realtor or an agent that fits your price, I'll be more than happy to help.

Warmest Regards,

Jean-Alix Numa, CBR, e-PRO, SFR, RESS
Prudential Douglas Elliman
516-510-8390
alix@AlixNuma.com
http://www.AlixNuma.com
You might want to look for a discount brokerage in your area.. You want to look for a real estate company that offers discount commission, but still offers full listing service. My company in California offers it for our seller’s. make sure that that company still offers the full commission on the buyer agents side. That way you save, but still getting your property on your local MLS..
Choose your agent with care, as commissions are always negotiable.
I really can't say it better than everyone else has.

To go with the lowest commission could well be doing yourself a disservice.

Interview a number of agents, ask about their marketting plans, ask them to show you comps and explain why they would price your home as they suggest, look at their websites, ask for references, see who you are most comfortable with THEN broach commission.

An extra month or two on the market can easily eat away the money you are looking to save on commission.

The old adage - You get what you pay for - is still true.

Donna Galinsky
dgalinsky@pugatch,com
Pugatch Realty Corp
516-317-9253
Web Reference: http://sellyourhomeli.com
Dear Madeline,

I will start my answer to your question the same as all Realtors should. By law, all real estate commissions are negotiable. That said, mostly it should be the agent you feel the most comfortable with. Is he/she honest, and telling like it is, or just agreeing with you to get the listing. Just remember you want a good negotiator on your side. If they can sell you, whether it be a higher commission, lower selling price, or putting a sign on the front lawn, they can sell your home. ,
Web Reference: http://www.POBHomes.com
Dear Madeline - If commission is your only criteria for choosing a realtor you will make one of the biggest mistakes in your life! Your house is one of your biggest investments that could be worth $500,000. to $1,000,000. Think of it this way - if you were going to hire a lawyer to represent you in a half million dollars lawsuit - would pick the cheapest lawyer or the best? If you needed brain surgery would you hire the cheapest surgeon or the best. Only you can answer that question & I have a question for you - How important is your brain to you?
Hi Madeline,

By law, all real estate commissions are negotiable. Having said that, there are many additional considerations to choosing a real estate agent than simply the rate of commission.

When choosing a real estate agent to market your home, you will want to also consider the honesty, integrity, education and experience of both the person as well as the real estate office, you choose to represent you and your home. You will want to know that your home will be marketed correctly in order to be SOLD as quickly as possible to someone who is ready, willing and able to make the purchase.

Please check out http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com where you can get FREE Seller Reports, a FREE Monthly Newsletter and other FREE Reports and real estate information.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly by phone at (516)410-3594 or by email at Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com if you would like more information.

Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Licensed Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel
(516)410-3594
Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
There are several companies that SELL Plainview any of which I’m sure you can work out a 4% depending on what your looking for. Ask friends for references there is a difference. If your looking to sell Find a local PRO if its to purchase Look for a Buyers Agent.
I assume you mean that you want to list your home and only pay 4% total commission?

ALL commissions are NEGOTIABLE by law.

Don't just pick one by the percentage, pick someone that is going to market your home and get it sold with the least amount of issues and at a good price.

If you need recommendations, please email me fred@fredglick.com
Web Reference: http://fglick.com