Gsteve55, Home Owner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

When would be the best time of year to sell our Harbor Beach home in Fort Lauderdale?

Asked by Gsteve55, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sun Sep 16, 2012

We would like to relocate out of the area by the spring of 2013 but also do now want to move in the midst of the holiday season. How long should we expect the home to be for sale before it goes under contract if it is fairly priced? Thank you!

Answers

28
Kay Conageski’s answer
I have to agree with the other answers you have received! Within the last six months, the entire market has turned around, making it a seller's paradise once again! Inventory is at record low levels and homes priced right are selling within weeks and sometimes within days of being listed. The days of South Florida being "on sale" are over! While it's still good for buyers to purchase, because interest rates remain low, sellers are generally getting top dollar for their homes and in some instances, multiple offers. Additionally, I am seeing less short sales and foreclosures and more "regular" sales making the process work faster and more efficient than we have seen in the past few years. Of course, with winter coming quickly to most of the country, as well as our snowbirds to the North, now is the perfect time to capture those buyers coming to our "Sunshine State"
As a salesperson, I will always say NOW!

But traditionally in this area, summer is the best time. You have the added interest that the tourist bring in. So prices go up in the Summer vs. say later on in the year.

Michael Rosenbaum
Ocean Realty
(954) 651-8188
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 2, 2013
A fairly priced house may sell quickly in today's market. That said, the luxury market may take a bit longer as the higher value residences attract a smaller, more discerning market. Currently three of my twenty two listings are located in Harbor Beach, and last year I closed sales on four other Harbor Beach properties.

It is my experience that the "hot" market time runs from October through April, but honestly, I have had consistent business year round. Fort Lauderdale is a desirable location for northerners who are relocating and international buyers seeking second homes.

I see this post was made a while ago, but if you have not sold your home as of this date, please allow me to answer any further questions you may have.

Julie Jones
Premier Estate Properties
954-328-3665
It's a sellers market for sure! And with inventory levels being so low, you have a great chance of getting your home sold quickly. I sell in all three counties and have been averaging about 15-19days on the market before having offered executed with priced right properties. The last three that I listed had contracts within the first three days! Definitely something to think about :-)
Gsteve55: This is the best time of the year to sell your home. I have many clients that are actively shopping for residential property. I would be willing to do open houses until the house is under contract. Call me for an appraisal, Lets find out where you stand in the market. Thank you!
Now is a great time to sell as rates are expected to increase in the future.
To Whom it may concern;

I just sold a home on the water for 1,122,500 in Harbor Beach (10/29/2013) that was 80 feet on the water. Inventory is shallow right now and with that we have seller's market that force buyers to pay more. I live in area code 33316, Lauderdale Harbors, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you concerning how to best position your property to sell for the best possible price in least amount of time. KINDLY CALL ME @ 954-557-3416.

Sincerely;
Joe Roman
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
954-557-3416
josephwroman@gmail.com
I wrote about this subject in my blog many months ago. See the link. It's a question I get often. The short answer is real estate sales in this area don't fluctuate very much from month to month. In fact they don't vary more than 10% in either direction from the average. If you are ready to sell then sell.
Right now is a good time to sell because there are a lot of buyers and very little inventory, in many cases homes are on the market for just a few weeks, and there are a good amount of cash buyers out there especially looking to buy in the beach area....I am working with several buyers right now, If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to call me...

Daryl Philibert
561-889-8083
daryl.dreamhomes@gmail.com
DreamHomesInFlorida.com
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
An interesting question that will likely evoke a variety of interesting responses. From my point of view, there's no time like the present. With 1,000 new residents arriving in Florida daily, it's fair to assume many will be facing housing needs. Thus the Florida market does not suffer from the same seasonal concerns as those of the north.

Something to remember about our market is that many of our part-time residents that are considering selling will put their property on the market only while they are there to participate. This is one of the reasons why our inventory of homes for sale during our winter months increases greatly. With this said, listing prior to of after the "peak season" although perceived by most as a less opportune time can in reality be a time in which your home could get greater attention because of less competition.

Food for thought....

Homes priced right within the realm of recent sales in Harbor Beach should be under contract with 60 days if they are in move in condition. The issue many buyer's agents are experiencing are that since we are in seller's market, properties are priced why beyond what a property will ever appraise for. While 69% of many of the transactions here in South Florida are for cash, if your property is valued above 500K there is a good chance the potential buyer will be financing which means that if your home does not appraise for the contract price, the buyer has the option of walking away from the deal if both seller and buyer cannot agree upon a new sales price. If you really want to sell your home for most amount of money in the least amount of time in any market, you should initially price it, around 30 to 40K above what the comps (sales in the past 6 months for homes that resemble yours in Harbor Beach) value your home to be now be worth. A new listing in the MLS is like a new car that when it initially comes on the market in that people rave about it early on and 9 months later it becomes stale. And after it becomes stale, buyers then offer less for it thinking that perhaps something may be wrong with it. Listings get the most attention during the first 90 days presented to the marketplace so why not price it right and take advantage of when it will receive the most attention and you should be able to remain close to your asking price, slightly above recent comps rather why above as so many listings now are, and be done with it quickly and for the most amount of money. I live in Lauderdale Harbors and I'm very familiar with Harbor Heights, Breakwater & Harbor Beach.

Joe Roman
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
954-557-3416
josephwroman@gmail.com
http://WWW.REALESTATEINSOUTHFLA.COM
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
Right now, we're in the midst of a very strong real estate market and just entering hurricane season. My suggestion would be to try to get it under contract now. Why take chances that a hurricane will strike nearby and cool down the market?
Ann, If you click on the sender's name, a box will pop up containing the question history of the inquirer. iIn this case, you will notice that gsteeve55 have asked that question way back in 2012.... A waste of time for all of us.
Flag Sun Jun 2, 2013
It’s a very simply question,

You never know. Right now there are more buyers and fewer properties which make’s it easier to sell but giving you a time limit on a property that we haven’t seen and not knowing the price that you would like to market it for, its impossible to estimate.

Here are some recent sales in Harbor beach:

2536 LUCILLE DR, B- 6, Year: 2007 $5,500,000 $4,410,000
30 ISLA BAHIA DR, B- 6, Year: 2007 $5,495,000 $5,100,000
3170 21 ISLA BAHIA DR, B- 5, Year: 1994 $3,500,000 $3,000,000
4 ISLA BAHIA TE, B- 4, Year: 2008 $2,400,000 $2,250,000

Shai Mashiach
Prudential Florida Realty
Fort Lauderdale luxury real estate/ Miami luxury Real Estate
Phone: 954.816.7070
http://www.RealtySH.com
http://www.PremierEstateRegistry.com
BETTER SERVICE, BETTER RESULTS
Hello Steve,
In general, unlike condos., single homes do not have a "season", as far as selling.
However, families with school attending kids prefer to have the kids finish the present school year before moving to a new area/school district....

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220

All Star Realty Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Hi!
Harbor Beach is a sought after neighborhood so the interest is there. The condition, price and availability will help decide how quickly your home sells. Also, real estate slows from Thanksgiving until January/ February. The sooner you list it, the better.

Lilli Rachel Stevens, P.A. ABR, CRS, e-PRO, GREEN, GRI, SFR
Island and Resort Realty
954-347-7402
http://www.RealEstatebyLilli.com
http://www.IslandandResortRealty.com
Depending on your price point and condition of your property which needs to have a mutual relationship or connection with days on the market , is where you could determine how much time is necessary. There are accomodations you can stay at in case ( which is a great incentive) you sell earlier than expected.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://about.me/HomesForSale_SusanJPennPA
EWM Realtors | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
If you hope to be out of the house by next Spring then you should list soon. Our most recent Local Market Watch report shows 10.5 months of supply for Fort Lauderdale Beach single family homes, which includes Harbor Beach. That means that if you listed today you wouldn't close until next July, on average. That being said, if you price right you may be able to sell quicker, but I wouldn't count on it. In this market you won't hurt yourself listing sooner than later and exposing yourself to the largest buyer marketplace possible. By the way, you need more than a good price to sell high end property in today's marketplace. Shop for a brokerage that understands the local marketplace, has a large International reach and understands Internet marketing.
Gsteve55,

The good news is the east Fort Lauderdale real estate market has turned the corner from being a buyer's market to a seller's market, where the number of homes for sale is not sufficient to meet demand With that said, you have more control over how quickly you home sells.

Check out a recent blog post I wrote on this topic: http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/shortage-of-fort-laude…

Naturally a home priced aggressively (slightly below market value) will sell quickly. The challenge is to price your home appropriately and apply a unique marketing plan to bring the right buyers.

As a leading luxury Realtor in east Fort Lauderdale, I have a proven track record of selling homes like yours that yield happy sellers and happy buyers. I would be honored to have the opportunity to share my services, experience and professional advice with you. Please contact me.

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated the service they received as "excellent"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/
Hi!

Actually right now there is such a low amount of inventory in all three South Florida counties, that it is becomming a seller's market rather quickly. Homes that are not short sales or foreclosures, and that are priced right for the market, based on relevant properties in their area, are actually getting in some cases, multiple offers on their homes, in relatively short amounts of time of being listed.

My recommendation would be to get a market analysis done on your home, then, based on comparables, price it right to get it sold for the best price in the shortest amount of time possible for you. I would be more than happy to help you get started if you haven't already begun working with another agent.

And of course, I can always help with your move out of state because of our vast networking with agents throughout the world.

Best of luck with whatever you decide and I hope to hear from you soon!

Kay
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Dear GSteve55,

According to your profile, you've been inquiring about purchasing a home in Deerfiedl Beach, FL, Serenbe, Ga and Greenville, SC (quite a large geographical area) since February 2012. Have you finally decided where you will settle?

The best time to sell any houses - your house - anywhere is always now and procrastinating won't make any difference. When you are ready to make the commitment to sell, it will be just as good a right time to sell your as any other times BUT, as everyone else hereon stated, your house will have to be priced just right in harmony with the comparables.
Dear Steve,
in order to give you the right answer I would have to know more about your home. Selling a home has not much to do with season. It depends on location (you are in a great one), the home's condition, size and features AND the price. With a Realtor that evalutes your home right, guides the seller right and does good marketing your home can be under contract quickly. If you plan on moving in Spring you should get the house ready for the market. A longer closing time can often be arranged with the buyer or a rent back until you ready to leave.
I would be happy to talk about more details if you wish.

Karin S. Kammerdiener
Coral Shores Realty
954 663-5018
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your inquiry.
If your Harbor Beach home was priced well, you could expect a reasonably quick sale. On the same token, you can list your home with a long close clause, letting the buyers know that you would not close until the Spring. With this option, you would know that you have a contract and can move when you want to.
I would love to chat with you to go over your options.

We are getting close to our "season" in Florida and it is always a good time to sell.

I will happily set up an appointment time to suit your needs to discuss the sale. I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards,
Lynne Hale, Broker-Associate, CRS, e-Pro, CIPS
Century 21 Hansen
954-303-0071
Lynne@LynneHale.com
My contact information is: realtorladyjune@yahoo.com or telephone: 772 342-7999.
Website: Floridianlifestyles.com
Depending on the competition, the fair asking price and condition of your property and, most important, your representation. An agent who will work hard for you and has the expertise to accomplish your goals. If you were to list your property soon, you could expect to have a signed contract by the end of October and decide if you want to move bef ore the holidays. The other alternative would be to list your home during the winter season when lots of buyers are in South Florida. Then you could have a closing in the spring o0f 2013, which is your preference,
If your Harbor Beach home in Fort Lauderdale is priced at market and is in generally good condition, you should expect to sell it within 90 days or fewer. It will not matter when you put it on the market.

Ask your Fort Lauderdale real estate agent to present you with the comparable home sales in the area for the last 90 days. If you list your home in Harbor Beach somewhere within the average of those prices, buyers are likely to want to see your home and arealso likely to make reasonable offers.

When you sell your Fort Lauderdale home you should expect to concede a small percentage on price. After all, buyers want to feel that they got a good deal on their new home, and a price concession, even it is only a percentage point or two, goes a long way toward making a buyer happy.

However, if you price your home 15-20% over market, for example -- because you know that buyers will always offer less -- you may find that buyers stay away because they will assume that you are not really ready to sell. Today, on average, seller concessions are running 5% or under on homes that are priced correctly.

If you have very little or no traffic within the first two weeks of your listing, chances are good that your home is overpriced.

Compare Fort Lauderdale home prices: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=city…

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213--6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Now would be the best time as buyer could relocate in time for the winter season. If your home is a family home, then April or May would be the best time so that family could relocate in time for the school year
Hi, we are fortunate in Fort Lauderdale that our market is pretty steady all year. However, a Harbor Beach home will most likely sell in season. I recommend to start marketing in September/October.

Depending on the specifics, highlights, age and price of the home, the range of time for a sale could be
anywhere from 3 months to nine.

I would not be too concerned about having to move in the middle of the holiday season as closing dates are always negotiable.

Email me at bjmartinez@ingeniareg.com and send me a phone number and a time and I will gladly discuss further. Looking forward to hearing from you,

BJ Martinez.
Broker/Managing Partner
Ingenia Real Estate Group
954-349-8272.
Hi Gsteve55,
Home sales are moving briskly and if the home is priced right, in the right location, the right buyer will come in and make a offer. There is no expected timeframe to say how long it will take to move your home, it can take a few days, a few weeks, or even longer. There are buyers out there in the market now and homes are being put onto the market everyday. I understand your concern to not to move in the middle of the holiday season, but a lot of people make offers during the holiday season, especially if the home has that warm cozy feeling and they can visualize themselves ot their own family there in that home. If you need anything or any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
http://flapropertiesbytmoses.kwrealty.com/
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
954-404-4646