Home Selling in Morganville>Question Details

Steve Lang, Home Seller in Morganville, NJ

When stating one's sq footage, does one include a finished basement (heated and cooled)?

Asked by Steve Lang, Morganville, NJ Mon Jul 2, 2012

Answers

8
Yes, the overall square footage is 6000 and includes heat and air. The lower level has full modern kitchen, family room, dining area, bath with shower and two additional rooms.
No, you do not include that if it is underground. You add that to basement sq footage.
Sorry I do not have time to answer you in length, however is no. Diane agent. Hhsir Rumson office
If the basement is heated and cooled year round, you can include the square footage for the finished space. You do have to be careful about quoting square feet for your home. In Tennessee it is always on our listings for buyers to check and confirm square footage but another idea is to pay a small fee and have an appraiser come and measure your house before listing it and use the appraiser's measurements, not your measurements. Good luck.
Hi- in our area we do not include the basement in the square footage. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us! Thanks!
There may be different rules in different states, but in general in the total sq.ft. number on the multiple listing service it is NOT included, but then it is usually mentioned in the remarks section .... Like
let's say 3000 sq.ft. of living space on 1st and 2nd floor, with an additional 1800 sq.ft. in the fully finished basement with 2nd kit, full baths, add. bedroom etc. total of 4800 sq.ft.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Lisa, it is included in all areas I have ever been in if it is heated and finished. I know different areas have different rules - this one shocks me though.
Hi Mr. Lang,

Since a basement is below ground level it is not considered to be included in the sq. footage. even though it is heated and cooled. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Best regards to you,

Lisa Angelicola
Coldwell Banker Residential
732-754-5236