Home Selling in Pottstown>Question Details

Soon2bforsale, Home Seller in Pottstown, PA

When should we start looking for a real estate agent?

Asked by Soon2bforsale, Pottstown, PA Sun Apr 22, 2012

We are finishing up remodeling our house in Pottstown, PA and I was wondering when we should start talking to a real estate agent to sell it? I'm hoping it is ready around June. Also any advice on things we should be paying speacial attention to while finishing up would be helpful! Any advice at all would be greatly apprecitated since we have never sold a house before and thank you in advance!

Answers

11
Soon2-

Chances are you already know some Realtors. It's certain that you know people who know Realtors. I'd reach out to people you know and see if they have had positive or negative experiences with agents or brokerages. I'd then start interviewing them and in addition to the comments from Scott below, I'd listen to my gut. Does this person command my respect? Do I enjoy them? Can I trust them? Do they treat me like I think the buyer of my home would like to be treated? What is their follow up like between now and when you're prepared to list you home? You have a two month tryout phase here-I'd make the most of it by starting now! Best wishes!
Hello, My name is Kelly Myers and I am an agent with "REMAX Main Line - Phoenixville". I live in the Pottstown area and have for over 20 Years and sold Real Estate in the Pottstown area for over 10 years. If you are looking for an agent with experience and expertise, I am your realtor.

YES, to answer your question. You absolutely want to begin the selection process now. Agents and offices can offer many different services and fees. Its important to know what services they offer and if fees are associated with those services. Also... while you are getting your home ready, it is important to concentrate on certain areas of your home and perhaps not so much emphasis on other areas. Now would be the perfect time to have myself come and take a quick look and offer suggestions and perhaps put $$$ back in your pocket.

When looking for a real estate company keep in mind the customer service you expect and REMAX Main Line has it. Voted J.D. Power and Associates number one rated in customer service. We take selling real estate seriously especially in a market that needs to be navigated with care.

Please give me a call so I may help you in the sale of your home and perhaps the purchase of your next drem house.

You may reach me on my cell at 267-474-7340, email: kellymyers88@gmail.com and fee free to visit my website at http://www.kellymyers.mainlinereality.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kelly Myers
When you are ready, I would be happy to help you list your property.

Here is a link with all the helpful hints you will need to prepare your home for sale.

http://www.zuberrealty.com/sell/sellhints.htm

Why should you list it with us?

Richard A. Zuber Realty is the most experienced real estate organization in the six counties it serves. We understand that an organization is only as good as the experience behind it, and with 40 full-time sales associates and 12 superior support staff personnel, the real estate service experience found in the halls of Richard A. Zuber Realty exceed 600 years!

With all of this experience and extended real estate services, it is certain that Richard A. Zuber Realty can help you successfully sell your home.

The Richard A. Zuber family wants you, as a seller, to be as informed as you can about what it takes to successfully sell your property. Thus, we have provided you with a complete seller's guide intended to help you along each step of the way. No tricks. No gimmicks. Just excellence.

Call me, Gary Pace at 484-300-5896. I am a lifelong resident of Pottstown and would be glad to help you with the listing.
Hi folks, I would begin interviewing agents now as you are right, they can give you hints on what to focus on as you get your home "sale ready". In addition to being a Realtor (all price ranges), I also have home staging experience. If you think this knowledge will help, you are welcome to call me. Good luck!

R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287 d
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
You should start talking to an agent now. I'd be happy to come over, take a look at your home both inside and out and help out the best I can. Anybody can give generic advice from here, but to give specific advice, it's best to see the home. I'm a full-time Realtor who works and lives in Pottstown. Please give me a call at 239-672-2599 or e-mail me at johndavis@johndavisrealty.com for a committment-free consultation Good luck!
You should start the process now; it should require work on your part to find a good Realtor® which means this is not a one day process. Before choosing a Realtor® to market your home make them take you out to do “preview” showings of your competition, provide current marketing data of the area and do a CMA of like and type properties in the area. It would not hurt to do the preview showings now and to have the sales data, since this information may affect the choices you make while remodeling.
Picking a Realtor®; you should interview several Realtors® before making a decision. Do not solely rely on a referral! Do the work yourself and interview several. Here’s a short check list of questions to ask & things to consider:
1) The paperwork involved in this process is extremely complicated, having stated this It is important that a Realtor be “practiced at our trade” pick a Realtor® which has completed 15+ transactions the previous year
2) Interview 3-5 full time Realtors® (very few part-time agents have the same skills as a person who works Real Estate on a full time basis)
3) Do not choose a Realtor® who proclaims themselves as “EXPERTS” because they have taken a seminar and have a designation on their business card. (CDPE, ABR, CRS and others) many of these expert classes require less than 16 hours of training and everyone who pays the fee passes. The experts are the ones who run the race not just buy the t-shirt.
4) Do a basic back ground check on your Realtor® use a site like PIPL or just goggle their name, this usually turns up items such as lawsuits, bankruptcies or other items which you feel might interfere or conflict with a Realtor® representing your best interest. Ps: this does not work for a John Smith
5) Once you have interviewed your potential Realtors® and if you are still unsure and want a “trail run” sign an exclusive buyers agency for 48 hours with the Realtor® and explain if all goes well in the beginning then you will be willing to commit for 1- 3 months.
6) Work with a Realtor® which is local to your area. Meaning a 10-20 mile radius, they will know the schools, shopping and the growth potential of the area without having to go look it up!

Before you even start this process consider purchasing the book by Dave Ramsey “The Total Money Makeover” this will provide valuable information in regard to having a successful financial life & make a prudent home purchase!

That’s your list! Good Luck!
I would start interviewing real estate agents now. They can help you with determining priorities for the remodel, and which activities have the best return on your investment. Remember, kitchens and bathrooms sell homes....that is the place you want looking their best!
It's only the good time to start looking for an agent because as you'll gonna complete your remodeling you would have sold it out. And if you are not in hurry and want to stay their for a while in a new remodeling home then you can contact the agent a bit later so that you can also enjoy your stay.
Web Reference: http://www.gtoptions.com/
Hi, yes Nancy is correct. Now is the time you should begin your search for a Realtor. You will want a Realtor that is full time, experienced, and will show you how your home will be marketed and how it should be priced by comparing similiar properties in your neighborhood that have sold or are on the market. We call this service a comparitive martket analysis and it is free. I offer 2 MLS services and visual tours on all of my listings. I would be happy to meet with you and assist you. I walk through a home as a buyer would and will give you helpful advise as to what items may need to be adressed or not. Sometimes very small changes like removing a piece of furniture or furniture positioning makes a difference. Also, sprucing up the landscaping is very important as the exterior is the window to your home. Please feel free to contact me.
Bev Kalb
Century 21 Longacre Realty
610-845-6000 x 208
610-442-6897 cell
http://www.century21longacre.com
Congratulations on your decision to move. At least you'll be able enjoy the house as you always envisioned for the next several months. To answer your question, now is probably the right time. Obviously, you'll have the opportunity to interview several agents to determine who you will align yourself with and will look out for your best interests. Furthermore, understanding the current market conditions as it relates to your property type and location will establish pricing and expectations. Finally, since you are finishing up the remodel, the meeting will provide you a professional's opinion on what needs to be completed in order to maximize your return and minimize the days on market. Hopefully I have answered your question and would look forward to the opportunity to be of assistance, as I will be marketing a couple of Pottstown homes within the next 30 days.
Now is the time when you want to interview a Full time Realtor that is local your area.I would be happy to come see the property and show you what has sold and is actively on the market that is comparable to your home.I'll give you helpful advise and check your curb appeal.There is no fee for this free evlauation .I'll give you a list of what is required for U&O inspections if you are located in the Pottstown district.Always happy to help! Just call Nancy (484) 645-2681 nancy@glocker.com