Chances are you already know some Realtors. It's certain that you know people who know Realtors. I'd reach out to people you know and see if they have had positive or negative experiences with agents or brokerages. I'd then start interviewing them and in addition to the comments from Scott below, I'd listen to my gut. Does this person command my respect? Do I enjoy them? Can I trust them? Do they treat me like I think the buyer of my home would like to be treated? What is their follow up like between now and when you're prepared to list you home? You have a two month tryout phase here-I'd make the most of it by starting now! Best wishes!
YES, to answer your question. You absolutely want to begin the selection process now. Agents and offices can offer many different services and fees. Its important to know what services they offer and if fees are associated with those services. Also... while you are getting your home ready, it is important to concentrate on certain areas of your home and perhaps not so much emphasis on other areas. Now would be the perfect time to have myself come and take a quick look and offer suggestions and perhaps put $$$ back in your pocket.
When looking for a real estate company keep in mind the customer service you expect and REMAX Main Line has it. Voted J.D. Power and Associates number one rated in customer service. We take selling real estate seriously especially in a market that needs to be navigated with care.
Please give me a call so I may help you in the sale of your home and perhaps the purchase of your next drem house.
You may reach me on my cell at 267-474-7340, email: email@example.com and fee free to visit my website at http://www.kellymyers.mainlinereality.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
All the best,
Here is a link with all the helpful hints you will need to prepare your home for sale.
Why should you list it with us?
Richard A. Zuber Realty is the most experienced real estate organization in the six counties it serves. We understand that an organization is only as good as the experience behind it, and with 40 full-time sales associates and 12 superior support staff personnel, the real estate service experience found in the halls of Richard A. Zuber Realty exceed 600 years!
With all of this experience and extended real estate services, it is certain that Richard A. Zuber Realty can help you successfully sell your home.
The Richard A. Zuber family wants you, as a seller, to be as informed as you can about what it takes to successfully sell your property. Thus, we have provided you with a complete seller's guide intended to help you along each step of the way. No tricks. No gimmicks. Just excellence.
Call me, Gary Pace at 484-300-5896. I am a lifelong resident of Pottstown and would be glad to help you with the listing.
R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
Picking a RealtorÂ®; you should interview several RealtorsÂ® before making a decision. Do not solely rely on a referral! Do the work yourself and interview several. Hereâ€™s a short check list of questions to ask & things to consider:
1) The paperwork involved in this process is extremely complicated, having stated this It is important that a Realtor be â€œpracticed at our tradeâ€ pick a RealtorÂ® which has completed 15+ transactions the previous year
2) Interview 3-5 full time RealtorsÂ® (very few part-time agents have the same skills as a person who works Real Estate on a full time basis)
3) Do not choose a RealtorÂ® who proclaims themselves as â€œEXPERTSâ€ because they have taken a seminar and have a designation on their business card. (CDPE, ABR, CRS and others) many of these expert classes require less than 16 hours of training and everyone who pays the fee passes. The experts are the ones who run the race not just buy the t-shirt.
4) Do a basic back ground check on your RealtorÂ® use a site like PIPL or just goggle their name, this usually turns up items such as lawsuits, bankruptcies or other items which you feel might interfere or conflict with a RealtorÂ® representing your best interest. Ps: this does not work for a John Smith
5) Once you have interviewed your potential RealtorsÂ® and if you are still unsure and want a â€œtrail runâ€ sign an exclusive buyers agency for 48 hours with the RealtorÂ® and explain if all goes well in the beginning then you will be willing to commit for 1- 3 months.
6) Work with a RealtorÂ® which is local to your area. Meaning a 10-20 mile radius, they will know the schools, shopping and the growth potential of the area without having to go look it up!
Before you even start this process consider purchasing the book by Dave Ramsey â€œThe Total Money Makeoverâ€ this will provide valuable information in regard to having a successful financial life & make a prudent home purchase!
Thatâ€™s your list! Good Luck!
Century 21 Longacre Realty
610-845-6000 x 208