Home Selling in Cape Coral>Question Details

Brian Arendes…, Real Estate Pro in Cape Coral, FL

When selling your home, what is the most important thing you look for when choosing a real estate agent?

Asked by Brian Arendes 239-823-3415, Cape Coral, FL Fri Jun 18, 2010

Answers

7
When choosing the listing agent, I say the company reputation and name have a lot to do with it. Just the advertising they spend alone is worth going with a larger company. If your house is completely updated and in great condition, you might chose a discount broker to save a few bucks. The agent is all about customer service.
local experience
full time agent
marketing plan for after you sign the listing
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
In addition to what the other say, I would add that I look for enthusiasm. If an agent does not visibly like what you have to sell, it will translate to buyers and to other agents with whom he or she works - and vice versa. I want my property to be regarded as special, desirable... If they exhibit a ho-hum attitude, then I need to find someone else.
Individual connection with Agent, Experience & Local knowledge of course, Company & marketing strategies.
Real estate agents have gotten a bad reputation as “salespeople” who hold selfish interests in your home.

This is the third tip in our series: “12 Tips for Buying Real Estate in Southwest Florida”

On the other end of the spectrum, successful and reliable agents, while experts in marketing and sales, are experts in negotiation and advisement when you are selling or buying your home. Knowing what to look for and how to pick an agent will ensure that the process goes seamlessly and quickly.

Many horror stories have circled about agents pushing expensive listings (that yield maximum commission), their own listings, or demanding that buyers make decisions on few options before they are ready to do so.

Real estate agents are a dime a dozen. The most important aspect of the buying or selling process is knowing how to pick the right agent who will keep your best interests in mind.

Personality
Make sure that you mesh well with the personality of your agent. You will inevitably spend a lot of time with your agent discussing deals whether you’re buying or selling. Trust must be established with an agent that you get along with before a successful transaction can occur on either side of a deal.

Experience
Choose an agent that has experience in selling real estate in general as well as in your desired area. An experienced agent that specializes in one area in particular is usually the first to know about great deals in your desired neighborhood, often before they come onto the market.

In our free eBook 12 Tips for Buying Real Estate in Southwest Florida, we also give you two specific questions to ask your agent that will help you determine if you should hire them or not. Download it today.

If you’re having trouble choosing an agent out of the thousands of real estate agents here in Southwest Florida, Contact us today. A.J. Ackerman & Associates will be happy to answer all your questions.

-A.J.
Web Reference: http://www.ackermanswfl.com
I agree with Shawn...

local experience
full time agent
Somebody who knows how to properly input information into the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011