Question Details

forum987, Both Buyer and Seller in Edison, NJ

When selling my home FSBO, is it appropriate to follow up with a realtor who showed my home to a client a second time?

Asked by forum987, Edison, NJ Wed Jan 9, 2013

Answers

5
Of course, you are essentially acting as your own agent. If you had hired an agent, you should be disappointed if she/he did not follow up with all agents that visited your home.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Absolutely! Call the agent and follow up. Chances are the agent discussed a commission when contacting you to show your home, but if not, be prepared for that.
Yes, I would ask for feedback. One advice I have for fsbo owners is to not be at the property when it is being shown.
I offer a 2% commission to the buying agent. I understand that is below the 2.5% but I am only trying to get out without having to bring much money to closing. I am not trying to maximize a profit because there is none.
Why not....but, be prepared to compensate them for their efforts...it's only right!