Bernadette, Both Buyer and Seller in Maryland

When is the high season for housing sale (for selling) for property in a good school district ?

Asked by Bernadette, Maryland Tue Jul 3, 2012

Answers

8
Hi Mary,

In our area we are successful with home sales year round thanks to the military population and government employees who transfer on a regular basis. Sell at the time that is good for you. In our area (Anne Arundel County) the inventory is at record lows and demand is very strong so if your home is properly prepared/staged/photographed and blasted on the Internet it could sell in days! Best of luck.
We are in the most active season right now. I can list your home today and have it available to show immediately. There are so many variables to home sales but generally right now is the time to sell. There's usually another brisk market period in the fall before the holidays. Call me on cell at 301-996-2924 or email me at chuck.bailey@longandfoster.com for a free market analysis. I'd be happy to assist!! Chuck Bailey
Dear Mary,
Now is a great time to sell. Don't listen to the national news regarding the real estate market. Summer season is the best time in our area, especially when schools play a factor in moves. You can still list your home now and have time to sell before the upcoming school season. It's important though to select an agent with the right attitude and marketing plan. If you are considering selling you want to interview several agents to see who has the strongest INTERNET marketing plan for your home. I have some agent interview questions on a form I can pass along to you if you want to contact me directly. In 20852 the May stats are:Total Sold Dollar Volume $24,742,000 UP +39.81%. Closed Sales 58 Up +45% Median Sold Price $370,000 UP +6.17%. These figures are all up from the same time last year. The Jun data for this year will be posted by Jul 10th. Call me for more details if you'd like.
Ariana Loucas
You know if there is any high season it is the season when the most buyers are looking, and nowadays there are usually less approved buyers looking than there are available homes, therefore we are in a buyers market.

If you want to have the very BEST chance for your home PRICE IT RIGHT, connect and commit to an area experienced Realtor, listen to their recommendations, market evaluation, look with them at a few competing homes and then price your home right and prepare it right for showings.... that is your
very BEST way.....

Will there be potentially more buyers, buyers with school children trying to get into the new home
before school starts probably.....

That is the best advice I can pass on....
BUT THE RIGHT BUYER FOR YOUR HOME COULD COME ALONG AT ANY GIVEN TIME :)

Well there is actually a very very long list.

So staging to make the home appear up to date (and sometimes it just means removing or moving furniture around), bigger and inviting is no. 1, No. 2 unclutter all your memories, photos and other,
everyone should have and enjoy in their home, when it comes to selling your home, all of those have to go, i.e. they will distract the buyers eyes, and instead of seeing the flow of floor plan and the space
they see photos, and items from trips etc. etc.

A nicely set dining room table and even breakfast table with fresh flowers, makes the buyers see
how they could live in the home.

Oh yeah, the smell of the home, believe it or not, a nice smell in a home, makes people feeeeeeel
goooooood, so they like the home. Many ways to achieve that.....
a) pop popcorn and offer it with water to the viewing public
b) vanilla candles in the bathrooms nice nice nice
c) if you do not want to do the popcorn, then warm up some cinnamon buns in the micro the house
smells like someone just baked a cake.....

And when it comes to staging DO NOT FORGET TH CURB APPEAL AND THE FRONT DOOR, this is the very first impression of the home.... clean, neat, and beautiful plantings or flowers and the
lawn meticulously maintained....

And what turns buyers off Clutter, too much furniture, dirty floors or carpeting, dirty kitchen
stoves and sinks, smell of any kind even if it is just cooking...... darkness, i.e. no light or brightness
in the home (so you may have to removed old curtains !!!) and replace light bulbs make the house
look bright and inviting.....

if for any reason the home has not been painted in several years, and the paint is either old and
somewhat dirty, it needs painting, if it is all in one color, it may need to have several single walls painted in an en vogue color, one wall in the dining room deep red, one wall in the hallways
deep brown or dark gray, one wall in the bedroom a beautiful blue (blue is calming perfect for
bedrooms)...

Hope this helps~

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Mary-

Anytime is a good time if you are working with a member of the Institute For Luxury Homes marketing!
I can put you in touch with a member in your area and you will be amazed at the quality of service you receive! Call me 301-785-1995!
Typically March through June. After that it's unlikely that the buyers are focused on school systems. Remember it typically takes 6 weeks from date of contract to close so if their not under contract by now their not going to be in their new home when schools tend to start up. Also now that we're in July most people are busy either with vacation plans or their kids summer plans.
Mary,

This year it started last November and has continued. The home selling season tradtionally starts in March and continues until mid July. From mid July the demand starts to subside for the vacation season.

Generally August in one of the slowest months but likely NOT this year due to pent up demand and a shortage of housing in most Maryland counties except Prince George's County. If you considering selling your home this summer your most important effort is to have your home properly prepared or staged for buyers. Preparing a home for sale can vary depending what needs to be done. Home buyers are always waiting for a new home to become available so your first 3 weeks on the market are the most important.

If a buyer does not make you an offer in 3 weeks a price adjustment is likely needed.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
We are right in the middle of it:
During the summer, most houses show best;
Weather is sunny
No standing water
Roofs don't leak
Flowers are in bloom
Leaves are still on the trees
Hopes are high
kids are playing in the streets

Pretty soon, there will be an urgency to Close before mid August so that the kids can be registered for school.

Good luck and may God bless