Skyler Webb, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

When is the best time of year to list a home?

Asked by Skyler Webb, Denver, CO Wed Jul 17, 2013

Answers

10
Spring is probably the best in North Est, DC area, but considering today's market I do not believe it makes any difference.
The best time was actually a few weeks ago but it is STILL a very good time to put your home up for sale as inventory out there is still very low...so your home can be one of the FEW out there for buyers to choose from instead of one of many! I am happy to assist you with the sale of your home. I would like to give you a CMA (Current Market Analysis) of your home and come out to view it. I am currently offering a special spring commission break for all my sellers who list with me between April 1st and June 1st. Call or email me and I will share some other aspects of my spring listing campaign with you. 262-208-8454 bjkobishop@gmail.com
Oh I forgot to mention that I have an office in Sheboygan....on the Riverfront!
Flag Tue Apr 29, 2014
Best time is in April after the weather has broke. But with the market lately anytime is the right time. Inventory is low and we are looking for new homes everyday!!
Things have really changed. At this time the best time to list your home is when you are ready to move. The market across America has experienced a lack of inventory of houses and condos and it is a seller's market.
Before the last year the best time was when the "Spring" season started which was after the Super Bowl season ended. Some people laugh when hearing that but it was true. Showings and open house increase after the football season was over.
The other thing different is that this year there has been horrible weather and a lot of snow so there may not be as big a upswing in the amount of listings put on the Real Estate Market starting Monday morning since the Professional Football season will be over.
So to answer your question, put it on the market when you are ready to sell.
Hello Skyler, The best time to list your home depends on many things and not just time of year. While time of year does absolutely have an effect, things like condition, type of home, location, PRICE, advertising, selecting an agent who has the tools, backing and resources to market the home correctly, etc. Do your research on agents and companies as there are agents out there who are in fact no where near as good as others. With the internet today and the resources that it provides you should not have any issues finding the best agent for you and don't forget to interview a few! Get someone you feel comfortable with and that you KNOW will get the job done. An agent and their company is more important that many people think. Its not just a game where you list and they are all the same, it is far from it. Good luck and I wish you well in selling your home!
In my experience the best time to list is when you are ready to sell...if you don't list the property at the correct price, than there isn't a good time to list.
Check out this article by Jed Kolko - Chief Economist at Trulia.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/housing/2013/01/best-months…
The best time is always when you are ready to sell and need to sell....
TYPICALLY, spring gets the most action from home buyers. However, if interest rates are starting to rise in winter, it can set off a buying spree, although many will still wait until spring. As mentioned below, fall can be very good, too. Where the property is located can have an impact, too. I don't think too many of us mid-western or northern buyers would go to Florida or Arizona in summer to buy a house!
Summer is traditionally the time when many homes are bought and sold, however you can also list in Spring and Fall. Winter is a little rough due to the many holidays and the weather in some areas, but I sold a home in December...so it can be done!