Tom Hansen, Home Seller in Anchorage, AK

When interviewing a real estate attorney for reviewing purchase agreements, what should I look for?

Asked by Tom Hansen, Anchorage, AK Sat Jul 7, 2012

Answers

3
Dale Lamoreux’s answer
Hello Tom - if you want an attorney look over your contracts - as with anything - see if you can get one referred to you so you get one you have confidence. Other than that - realtors don't have much interaction with real estate attorneys. If i can answer any of your questions regarding real estate you can reach me at 907-441-9134

Bye for now,
Dale Lamoreux
Associate Broker, CRS, GRI, ABR, REALTOR®
"Your Real Estate Guardian Angel"®

"CRS of the Year 2009" "Serving Buyers & Sellers since 2000"
Is there a problem with the purchase agreements? Is that why you are looking to interview an attorney? In California we use escrow companies instead of attorneys. Feel free to call or email me directly with any real estate related questions. I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Michelle Gonzalez DRE# 01427179
RE/MAX College Park Realty
562-572-5224 Cell
Michellegonzalez411@gmail.com
In California, there are certain specific forms used by trade organizations, such as CAR and AIR and others. Other buyers and sellers also do not use these trade forms. Instead, they have their own forms that they've put together or bought somewhere. I believe that is the same where you are.

Your attorney, particularly one who specializes in residential real estate, should review for conditions of the contract and performance, liability and recourse.

If you are also using the attorney to assist with estate planning, the attorney should also look at vesting.

As it relates to financing, the attorney should review the financial obligations, security and terms related thereto.