Callie, Other/Just Looking in Tennessee

When does the spring market begin? If one wanted to close May-August 2011, when should the house go on the market? Built 2006, fresh paint, updated...

Asked by Callie, Tennessee Wed Dec 8, 2010

Answers

7
Doris Freeman’s answer
March is a great time everything starts to bloom and buyers are thinking about moving around the end of school if they have children or they want to make the move during their vacation time. But actually there's never a bad time to sell, if you are really wanting to move buyers are always looking, especially people who are being transferred they have to move when the company says.
The answer to your question is based on your LOCAL market as every market has different busy seasons. In my area, Cape Cod MA, our "spring" season begins in February. Your best answer would come from a local agent.

Your local agent can tell you how quickly they think your home will sell and based on that info you can decide when to list your home. I would not suggest setting your expections so tightly as today's market can sometimes be difficult to manuever. Talk with your agent about your motivations and how you would like to see things happen and I'm sure she will do her best to make that happen for you.

Good luck to you!

-Sunny Fellman, Realtor
Cape Cod, MA
sfellman@kinlingrover.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 8, 2010
Recommend place home on market by end of March . Is can take several weeks to establish the marketing on property.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 8, 2010
i would put your home on the market in march. the area starts looking prettier and if people are starting to look to purchase in may - aug. they will start looking on line ahead of time.
Hi Callie,
The "spring" season in Jackson usually starts in March, Typically it usually ends in June. Usually there is more inventory during that time as well.
Thanks Sonja & Lynn for the helpful input! Since there are only 150 characters available for posting a question, I was unable to elaborate.

I am hoping for a local Jackson realtor to define specifically the "spring season," since I am well aware that every market is different. I will be pricing my home to sell and have realistic expectations.

My mom was a realtor for many years and I have a background in interior design and furniture so my home will be staged, clean, and uncluttered.

Unfortunately, my home selling depends on my job move next summer that is not completely solidified as of yet, however, so far it is looking that I will be moving in the early summer.

Additionally, my employer is not aware of my plans, and Jackson is a very small town so I am unable to reach out to a realtor.

Looking for some local feedback from Jackson. Thanks in advance!
Spring market ? Is this a trick question? Answer = in the spring.

Planning to close in May to August is a bold idea in the market today, I am not sure what your market there is like but homes on the market for 3-9 months is very common here and many never sell. You can figure that it will take a minimum of 45 days to close a deal and maybe another 2 weeks to do all the countering back and forth. So to close in May you need an offer in March and to close in August you need one by June. I would plan to get the house listed in February and that way it has a chance to get out and on the internet where buyers can see it.