Ken W, Home Owner in Santa Clarita, CA

When a house is listed for sale on the MLS, Is there an automatic Brokers Open to invite other Real Estate Companies?

Asked by Ken W, Santa Clarita, CA Thu Aug 29, 2013

Answers

2
The local SCV Division of CrisNet has just started to hold Broker Opens again. These meetings went away for about 2 years and several agents have recently rallied to start it up again. As a matter of fact, today was the second or third meeting since starting up again. It was held with about 40 Realtors and other real estate service providers in attendance.

There were 7 listings that were pitched to the group. These were also open to all Realtors/Brokers to attend for the designated time periods that the individual agents set up. My listing was open from 10-2 for agents to view. There is a setting within the MLS that agents can hit to submit their listing to the Broker Caravan. Few agents are aware of this service and some may not realize the exposure that it can get the listing. I believe in providing my listing with all possible exposures as you never truly know where the buyer will come from.

I hope this helps!
When agents join the MLS there is typically a clause in the subscription agreement that states, the listing must offer a commission to cooperating brokers. The MLS gives the listing a certain validity, typically because most associations levy fines and penalties for listings that don't meet their accuracy standards. If the MLS did not have a clause that said all participating agents must allow all MLS agents the ability to show that listing, you would end up with listings on the MLS where the listing agent may deny others access to show that listing.