Ron, Home Seller in 95014

What will be selling advantages in the house design for Cupertino area buyers ?

Asked by Ron, 95014 Tue Jul 24, 2012

Doing major renovation and debating between traditional cabinets or shaker doors for kitchen and baths. Design with Shakers is more modern, and we've seen very little modern houses in Cupertino. Will modern design impact the sell value in 2-3 years ? recommendation ?

thanks
Ron

Answers

6
Hello Ron,
I think the trend is to smaller and smaller kitchens. In this fast paced world many of these professional couples don't have the time to cook. Prepared meals are going to become more and more common. I think doing away with the standard kitchen----i.e. stove---and just having a microwave is the way to go. I have seen this trend already starting. The space that was once used for a stove can be used for other things. Having just a nice microwave is very modern, and your potential buyers will appreciate this.
What did you end up choosing for this Ron? The important factor is what do you like? What's "in" one year can be "out" the next year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hi Ron

Thanks for your question. Yes definitely a modern design will help sell and
maximize your profits.

If you were to update kitchen, baths, lighting, and flooring it will definitely help.

If you have further questions or need additional guidance do get in touch.

Perry

Coldwell Banker

408-656-5343

http://ruthandperry.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Ron I'm happy to just meet with you and give you my opinion. Many times what kitchen designers like or what's "in" isn't the same as what the buyers in Cupertino are looking for. Most buyers here prefer move-in condition upgraded homes so it's wise to do the remodel now and enjoy it yourself for a few years.
Ron,

I will think the kitchen design needs to match with your home. Where the house and the size of the house? You may check the following link to get more idea:
http://www.hgtv.com/designers-portfolio/kitchens/index.html

The most important will be what do you like? You need to face your decision every day.

Grace Keng,
Cupertino, CA
Hi Ron, Ron,
I did Kitchen Design and high-line cabinets for years before getting my Real Estate License:
The Cabinets were Crystal, and I'm sure that there is a Dealer in Cupertino.
If you call them, we fell in love with the Cherry wood, with a Natural finish and Port Wine Highlights. This works best when there is some detail, as opposed to the Shaker Door. Choose a door style that YOU like: Do not do this for the next owners; do it for yourself. You will not make everyone happy, don't try! Do it for yourself!
Critical; choose a refer that is built-in, or at least cabinet depth; it looks cheap and intrusive sticking out into the pathway.
And get a solid-surface, not tile; I hate tile!

Good luck on your project and I hope you have many happy years.