Home Selling in Shreveport>Question Details

Lreed15, Both Buyer and Seller in Shreveport, LA

What to do when time is ticking away.?

Asked by Lreed15, Shreveport, LA Tue Aug 25, 2009

I own a 2008, 1500 sqft house in Shreveport. We moved in back in May of 2008, and found out 3 months later wehad to move. Both my husband and i are leaving in 6 weeks. We do have one lady who is intrested in buying it, but is working with a loan agency. my question is, When is it to late to hire a real estate agent as a last ditch effort to sell. I know we are running out of time, but i have hear so many folks saying there houses sold in 2-10 days after going on the MLS. Any advice would be wonderful.

Answers

10
If you listed your house and it won't sell , as far as a time frame well it all depends on how long you can pay two mortgages, or mortgage and rent. Everyone's situation is different, our company is unique and located in Shreveport, LA. we are networked with most of the investors in Shreveport, Bossier City area, and if your house does not qualify for any of our programs. We can point you in the right direction free of charge. So the real question is...

What will happen if you don't sell your house?
Web Reference: http://krohngroup.com
Dear Lreed15,

I am new to this website and wondering your status. If you are able to provide an update, that would be great. There is another route to consider, but I'll wait to hear of your current situation before writing again.
I understand you NEED to move. Be aware of realtor fees of about 6%. But worse than that you will most likely see a drop in value from when you bought the place.
Did you try http://www.forsalebyowner.com ?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 21, 2009
I am curious to see how things are progressing with the sale of your home. Did you hire a Realtor to assist you? The market is doing well in the Shreveport/.Bossier area and the recent extension and addition of Homebuyer tax credits coupled with favorable interest rates make it a great time to buy a home, thus making it a good time to have your house on the market. It is unfortunate that you have not had much time to build equity in your home, and if all else fails you could place your home with a property management company and rent/lease it for a while to recoup some of your investment.
Sorry about your having to move. Never easy to have to make hard choices. There is no magic in selling through a Realtor(R). A Realtor is able to market your property to a wider group of people. First to his clients who are looking for a particular price and area, then to all the other agents through the MLS. Then to a wider market via ads. Most of the time when a home is owned less than five years one has little equity. Realtors are sensitive to this and try to help you market the home in a price range that will be both competive and not take you for a cleaning. But sometimes it costs and it appears that with your being in the home only three months you will have to make concessions to sell. I am a Century 21 agent and I am local. Visit my web site at http://www.shreveporthomesonline.com and let me know if I can help.
Lreed15,
I would list immediately, what if your buyers' financing falls through? Then what?? Just inform your agent that you are working with a buyer, and that if they do end up coming through with their financing, that you will sell it to them. (commission free) Your agent should be fine with this, if not, would find a different agent.

Wanna sell it fast, list with an agent BUT instead of typical 50/50 split on a 6% commission, force listing agent to offer 4% to buyers side

amazing how many agents will show your property to get that extra point
Find yourself an aggressive, go-getter full time agent.
Find out the solds in your area like your house in the past 3 months.
Price your house at 20% below this average price if you can, or at 15% below the average and offer to pay $2000 towards closing costs.
Work on a daily basis with the Realtor to promote the property.
Go to a couple local mortgage companies, (hopefully through the real estate agent) to start running numbers and a flyer to present to prospective customers.
Do the same with closing attorneys.
Your agent ought to personally know some of these professionals...only get such an agent...no time for small talk and promises...stick to a specific daily / weekly plan of action.
Put ads everywhere...and flyers in coffee shops, etc...don't wait for the Realtor to do all the work...2 people together produce 2.5 times the productivity of any activity..especially in the marketing world.
Gosh, I wish you had talked to a Realtor sooner. If you had, chances are very good that you could be on your way to your new location with no more worries about your home in Shreveport. I encourage you to contact a Realtor TODAY to discuss the marketing plan for your property. No matter what you do, no homeowner can give their home the exposure that a Realtor is able to provide. In addition, the agents who show your house to potential buyers make sure those buyers have the ability to buy. ("Buy a house or get out of my car!")
I always recommend Keller Williams agents :-) but there are many good Realtors in Shreveport who will help you get on your way. Ask your friends who they know, and talk to 2 or 3 agents to see if you get along.
You may hire an agent at any time and may also list your house and reserve your interested buyer for a certain amount of time. Most buyers would prefer to go thought a licensed Realtor to buy a home.
Michael McKinley
Coldwell Banker, J Wesley Dowling
318-560-3010
Web Reference: http://www.m2houses.com