Maxim, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

What should be the asking price for 3bd, 2bath condo, 1197 sq ft, at 2700 Oak Rd, Walnut Creek?

Asked by Maxim, Walnut Creek, CA Tue Mar 12, 2013

We have a 3bd, 2 bath condo at 2700 Oak Rd. The place is completely removed - bathrooms, kitchen, windows, flooring. What should be the asking price?

Answers

6
Your unit should sell in the $300k plus area based on your statement that the unit has been extensively remodeled. However, a detailed Comparative Market Analysis should be prepared to more closely determine the selling price. This is a fast moving market with most places receiving multiple offers so selecting a good, professional Realtor to represent you will be very important.
If you price it in line with the most recent sale, with allowances for quality of upgrades etc., then with the right marketing approach, you can expect to get multiple offers and sell well above the list price. You do need a professional Realtor to prepare a Comparative Market Analysis in order to arrive at the right list price though.

I live in Walnut Creek and would be happy to help and show you my Marketing Program.

Bernard Gibbons
J Rockcliff Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.sbgibbons.com
Maxim,

Echoing the other realtor comments, you need a Comparative Market Analysis. There are various tips and ways to make your property show well and sell for top dollar. I can show you how we would market the property to drive buyer interest and get a plethora of offers to choose from.
You really need an agent to do a market analysis for you, that takes into account the condition of the condo, location, special features, as well as the hot market that we're currently experiencing. Pricing your condo right from the start is SO important, even in a hot market; if you come out too high, it'll hurt you in dollars in the end as it'll sit too long, and people will begin to think something is wrong with it. There are also ways to fix up the property to get top dollar. Let me know if you'd like to meet to do a walk-through on your home and I can give you a value as well as ideas to make it shine if you put it on the market. 4MichelleReese@gmail.com. 925.385.8783
Hi Maxim, if you're in the Oak Road Station complex there are couple of 3 bedroom comparables that sold end of last year for high 200's (one was 299k). Condos are in very high demand right now and a 3 bedroom would be a very popular find for today's buyer. With today's low inventory, pricing is edging higher. Let me know if you'd like to talk more about it. If you meant the place is completely remodeled that is a huge bonus for those units! I just wrote a blog post about why prices and this market is going a little crazy now. Feel free to check out my website.

http://www.DiabloValley.net
It's a fast moving market right now. The best best is to get a solid Comparative Market Analysis from a Broker.