Joe Black, Home Buyer in cols,ohio

What should I list my home for per sq ft? ist the current price $149. i have a home in lakeside ohio

Asked by Joe Black, cols,ohio Sun Apr 24, 2011

Answers

6
Joe, your location in Lakeside is unique and highly desirable. I'm sure you've heard it before but its worth repeating. The three most important qualities of a piece of real estate is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. The Lakeside area has all three and depending on the size of your home and it's unique characteristics, the asking price of your home could be more or less than the $149.00 per square foot. For more help in this area please give us a call.
Joe,
As a professional, I would never recommend anyone to list their home on a per square foot basis. There are so many variables like location, amenities, comparable and much more. Please let me know if you need any assistance picking the top Broker/Realtors in your area. You should get 3 market analyses.

.
Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
Is it inside the gates or outside the gates of Lakeside?
Joe,
You should use the advice of a good Realtor to run comparables and help you to set the price. There are other variables such as location, schools, amenities, and much more! all of this and more needs to be taken into consideration when setting the price for your home. If you need help picking a broker or Realtor, I have the resources to pick the top selling Broker/Realtor anywhere in the U.S.. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

Good Luck,

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
CARTUS Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
Hi Joe,

Lakeside is such a beautiful community. You have to consider how your home compares to the ones that have sold for $149. Is it as updated as they are? Is it larger? Smaller? Older? There are lots of factors that play in the sales price. Study those comparables and when you find three that are the closest to your home, average those out and start there.

Now with Lakeside being a gated community that you have to pay to get into, I would suggest working with a company that has state-of-the art technology and can post your home on hundreds of websites nationwide. You'll have people looking from all over the state or surrounding states. That internet exposure is vital. Good luck! If you need a name of a good agent near Lakeside, please send me a message.
Joe,
Price per Square foot is an overused unreliable number. If a Cadillac and a Yugo were the same size, would you pay the same for the Yugo as the Cadillac?
If all other factors are comparable, age, location, quality, style, size, bedroom & bathroom count... you may use this more reliably.
Even when two homes are of the same age and on the same street but one is vintage 1950's original in barely livable condition and the other home has been gutted, remodeled and updated with high quality materials should they go for similar price?
You need to have a knowledgeable agent do a market analysis looking at the recently sold home which are most comparable to yours and look at what your active competition is. It's been said a million times, pricing is critical to success in selling a home. There is no short cut to doing the research.
I did a blog post on this a while back. I've linked to it below.