Home Selling in Edgewater>Question Details

Mary, Home Seller in Edgewater, Chicago, IL

What's the market time for a one bedroom in Edgewater?

Asked by Mary, Edgewater, Chicago, IL Mon Nov 30, 2009

Answers

6
Well, what is your asking price? The amount of time that your home stays on the market is totally dependent upon the motivation that the buyer feels in regards to your property. Most prospective buyers will not feel any sense of urgency if your price is not competitive!

Question! Do you have a mortgage on your home? If so, their is a new strategy that is being used by some across the country called "produce the note". With this approach, the bank has to produce the original note in order to foreclose on a property!

If you or someone you know would like more information about this approach that is being used to stop foreclosure, just send me an email and I will be happy to give you the information!
Hi Mary,

The answer is...it depends on what type of 1 bedroom you have. If it is a 4+1 building on Kenmore near Thorndale there is a much different market time than a classic vintage 1 br with a full dining room near Balmoral and Glenwood. Having lived in Edgewater Glen for 18 years, I am an Edgewater Expert. I have seen the neighborhoods change and know the area like the back of my hand. If you are looking for a REALTOR to help you sell your home come visit me at http://www.EllenBaren.com
or contact me at http://www.atproperties.com/agents/EllenBaren

Enjoy the day!

Ellen
Market time for 1 bedroom units is higher than the average for Edgewater. For more information on the market in Edgewater check out the following data: http://www.atproperties.com/reports/marketReport.php?fromPag…
Mary,
As you know it all depends on the property, location, pricing etct. I do have a client for a one bedroom in
edgewater, depending on where you a re located. He currently lives in a rental and probably will buy next year. If you want to give me the details I'll be glad to pass them on.
Nancy Curtis
Baird&Warner 312-981-2348
In the last 6 months, the average market time for a one bedroom condo is 222 days. There is a lot to take into consideration when looking at market time. Its tough to compare the market time on one building to another. But if you are looking for a rough average, thats it.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696
It can depend a lot on which building you are in (if highrise) or what type of building (low rise, vintage, newer construction) and what price point you are at (<200K,200-300K etc). Giving a ball park market time for ALL one bedrooms in ALL of Edgewater is rather useless, but obviously the market time is much longer these days compared to 2-3 years ago. I would also not try to sell in the next 2 months or so, but do get started by February so as to (hopefully) benefit from the extended tax credit which expires 4/30/10.

philip