Question Details

Dana Tippit, Real Estate Pro in 63017

What's the best ways to sell a property with power lines near the back yard?

Asked by Dana Tippit, 63017 Thu Jan 29, 2009

How about those power lines??? I have a totally updated listing with terrific amenities in a great area/school district. However, the power lines near their back yard are scaring off buyers and contracts. How do you all sell and market around this issue?

Thanks, Dana Tippit St. Louis, MO.
Check out the listing:
http://www.yourresidentialpartners.com.z57preview.com/listin…

Answers

3
Hi Dana I thought I may as well give you the link to the epa site that talks about the power lines and the related hazard or non hazards...
Here it is, I have always a copy of it with me...

http://www.epa.sa.gov.au/powerlines.html

Hope this helps
Edith
edithsellshomes@gmail.com
I get an official right up off the internet about the hazard of those power lines, and if the subject is brought up I give the other agent or the potential buyers a copy....it is really not as bad as some people think.....

If it is bothering the potential buyer out of beauty = visual concerns, there is truly not much you can say!
If they are afraid of health hazards - the right up may change their mind........

My experience is, that if they have very small children, they will just not want the high voltage power lines....
and nothing you can do, reducing the price after all will not make those power lines go away.
Good luck, I know it is not easy...
Edith
edithsellshomes@gmail.com
Hi Dana, This is always a tough one, if they are High Voltage towers expect to discount heavily for this. If they are just standard power lines, I always like to explain to prospective buyers that these will mostly disappear as the landscape, trees and vines mature. Good Luck, and Good Selling.