Rebecca, Home Seller in San Antonio, TX

What price can I ask for?

Asked by Rebecca, San Antonio, TX Thu Dec 11, 2008

I am considering in selling my property in Government Hill which is on nearly a quarter acre. I am interested in understanding what a fair market value would be? It is in a good condition although it has been broken into with some fixtures stolen. I'm also keen to get a feel for how long would it take to sell it?

Answers

6
A market analysis is not an appraisal, but a market analysis is more accurate after an agent does a walk thru with the seller(s).
The price you can ask depends on the home size, location, upgrades, condition and several other things. To determine this we would do a free home market analysis, look at the home and give our opinion of what the home should sell for. Please contact Jeff @ 210-710-5326
Web Reference: http://www.ilovesa.com
Rebecca (great name.. mt daughter is name Rebecca :-)

The market is soft right now, so a home that needs work will get less than it would have 2 years ago. With less Buyers buying, they are choosing the best homes. If you want to maximize your profit, you need to fix the home up. I buy properties as investments and fix them myself, so if you want to wholesale the property, I can buy it, or I have investors as well who m ight be interested. But, we look at 60% value.. so that is only a good option if you need to sell today.. right now.
I can also come by, walk the property and tell you what you need to do to make it market ready, and even give you some referrals for trustworthy repairmen...

Let me know if you would like my help.

Danny T
210-979-0111
DannyT@kw.com
Web Reference: http://IsellSanAntonio.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008
Rebecca,
The answers below are correct if you believe that you own an "average" home for the area. I would take your price and selling time question one step further. In order for you to be sure you receive the best pricing advice on your property it is very important that you allow access to the property to the agent that is working on your CMA. While we have all of the information necessary to give you a range for an "average" selling price and "average" days on the market, you also know that some homes sell quickly and for more money while others sit for a very long time and may bring a significantly lower price. The area of San Antonio that you are speaking of involves a situation where there is a significant difference in the the homes. While the ages are similar some have incredible updates while others are in the original state. Therefore a Market Analysis without looking at the property first may not give you the monetary credit you deserve for nor will it allow for a correction in price for those items that are missing, broken etc.
It only takes 10 minutes to walk through and notate the items that would be significant in an analysis. I would be happy to schedule a time to view the property and of course there is no charge for this service.
Matt's right, send us the address and we can put together a comprehensive analysis of what your individual home would sell for and to estimate the sales time frame based upon your final price and it's present condition.
Rebecca,
Feel free to send me the address via email and I will work on a comparative market analysis for you and give you my thoughts on time to sell and fair market value.

Thanks!

Have a great night!

Matt