Deebv, Home Seller in Ridgefield, NJ

What percentage are real estate agents taking these day?

Asked by Deebv, Ridgefield, NJ Tue Apr 14, 2009

Answers

12
Voices Member’s answer
Deebv, Community Guidelines Deebv, please read them so you can ignore any agent that doesn't..They are worth 0%...If they can't follow something that simple, do you want to pay them to be responsible for reading/reviewing your contract? ... I Would Not........

Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
Deebv, Real Estate agents provide "for hire" services. Your question should be ' What are these services really worth compared to what I'm being told is charged."

It is all negotiable, there is no set % .

The suggestion that you need to provide an incentive to an agent is something to consider when hiring one. If they suggest it, don't hire!

Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
I can range from 2.5% to 6%.

Call me I can connect you with the right agent that suits your needs.

Jose Martinez
201-406-6983
Commissions are negotiable. 5% seems to be an average percent.
The answer is simple You get what you pay for. It is not what fee your are paying but what is in your pocket when you close. If a realtor can prove their value by making you more money based on the services they provide, does it make a difference if you pay a $1 or 10%? Not at all.
Deebv,

In NJ, commissions are negotiable. FLAT FEE is an option being considering by many in today's economic conditions. See PatrizioRE.com for more details.

Francesca Patrizio, Realtor, ePro
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Hi Deeby - concur with other posters, with the caveat that fees are negotiable, most often I see 5% as the total commission, split evenly between listing agent and buyer's agent.

Good luck to you...

Jeannie Feenick
Search and connect at http://www.feenick.com
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Deeby,
Let me clarify,
Some people from other states may answer questions on this site or criticize other agents while having no idea how things work in Jersey, compound that with the fact that in their zeal to respond they may not read things correctly that are posted and insert their opinions without thinking!.
I want to assure you that the incentive I speak of is not for the listing agent, the incentive would be for the buyer agent who will ultimately bring the person who buys your home.
I have been known to pay out a higher amount than I get on the listing side,depending on the agreed to strategy.
I wouldn't pay much attention to out of state agents that are giving you bad advise.They may consider asking an agent next time to clarify before speaking ill of another agent.
As I said feel free to contact me to answer any questions you may have.

Jim
The Commission is negotiable. There is no set fee.
Depending on the property and how long it may take to sell some agents may charge less if they see it as an easy deal or already have a buyer in mind. That is not guaranteed and may be promises just to get the listing and later on cost more since time is money. The Commission is usually split 50% between agents but you need to review your contract to make sure of that, some agents may offer the other agent less. You should interview a few agents and they need to come to see the property in order to negotiate the listing agreement with you. If you have other questions feel free to contact me at mia@villonrealty.com
Deeby,
All is not equal when the term full service is used.You should interview 3 agents from 3 different companies and see what full service means to each one.
Secondly commission may be used to incentivise realtors.You are local,give me a call to explain things further if you think it may be helpful to find out the wide variety options that are available to you.

Jim
per nj law all fees are negotiable. Interview many and ask what they will do. Ask also what you will have to do. Ask if they guarantee their work and if unhappy with their performance under what circumstances will you able to unconditionally withdraw your listing. You should ask for references and speak with friends and co workers about their experiences.
Good luck, there are many many agents out there charging all kinds of fees. (some actually worth it) Sorry I didnt give you concrete answer.
Hi Deebv,
All contracts are negotiable...as I've seen the trend, it's been 5% for full service.

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.lborealty.com