Home Selling in Phoenix>Question Details

Lindsay Kothe, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, AZ

What part of the Phoenix metro area is the BEST to live in?

Asked by Lindsay Kothe, Glendale, AZ Thu Aug 2, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Lindsay!

There are several great communities in the Phoenix metro area. If you are looking for something in Phoenix proper, I would recommend Arcadia, Biltmore, or the North Central corridor area. There are some great homes in these areas that have lots of character (no cookie cutter communities).

I always tell people to check out the areas where new restaurants are going in, as these are usually areas that people end up migrating to. For instance, LGO and Postino's brought a whole new vitality to the Arcadia area. RIght now, there is an explosion of new restaurants in Arcadia/Biltmore and in the Central corridor (along the light rail route).

I personally live in the Biltmore area and love the proximity to the freeways, restaurants, and cultural events.

If you need more help, feel free to say hi and I will help you out! I can be reached at 480.217.9184 or kevin@fineAZliving.com
That completely depends on what you like to do, age, etc. I am young and enjoy the nightlife, plethora of restaurants and my girlfriend enjoys shopping and weekly spa visits. For our liking, we would prefer the Old Town Scottsdale area. Extremely safe and so much to do!
Besides being close to work or certain schools usually decide what's best for where an individual chooses to live - BUT, I always recommend East Central Phoenix, particularly near Squaw Peak. Living in and around Squaw Peak aka Piestewa Peak has great benefits: It is in the very heart of Phoenix and It's located by the 51 fwy so you have easy access to anywhere in the valley. Even better is that it has close access to the mountain preserve and the canal for recreation. It offers a 10-15 minute access to the airport and Downtown. Great Shopping & restaurants nearby, close top grocery stores and great Madison schools. Home prices cover every range from reasonable condos & townhouse to mid ranges single family homes on up to the hilltop luxury homes. I can guarantee it will save you gas living by the "the Peak"!
I think it depends on your needs... work, school, access to freeways/shopping, hobbies, etc. Best to think about your #1 priorities and then determine which specific city and/or area will meet those needs. There are great homes and great prices all over Metro Phoenix Area. Rates are low and prices are affordable... now is a great time to be looking. If I can assist you in your real estate needs, let me know. Thanks!!