Home Selling in Newark>Question Details

Ivy, Home Seller in San Jose, CA

What month is the best month to sell my house?

Asked by Ivy, San Jose, CA Sat Mar 9, 2013

Answers

10
Hi Ivy,

The demand is very high right now. Inventory is low and many properties are selling with 50+ offers. By waiting till summer time to sell, you will be competing with other sellers who are alo waiting till kids are out of school before putting their home on the market. Most sellers think that summer is the best time to sell.

Imagine that there are sellers who have to sell for job relocation or some short sales come on the market in the summer and they list their home low for a quick sale when you have your home on the market. That will bring your price lower too, so what I am trying to say is sell when inventory is low and demand is high which is right now.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
510-427-7992
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 11, 2013
With inventory being relatively low right now you could expect to get your home sold very quickly right now. The spring season is a perfect time to sell your home because many people with children will be moving at the end of May or June, before the summer. Now is such a great time because there is so much pent up demand that you might see multiple offers if you price it right in the first place.
I have to agree with most of my colleagues here. Right now is the best time to sell. There are so many buyers out there right now that there hasn't been a bad month TO SELL in the past year. Now whether this trend continues is another story.
In California, any time is a good time to put your home on the market as long as you are ready, know what you are going to do next, get a really solid market evaluation of the current value of your home, prepare your home really really well, may be some staging or just moving around some furniture, removing some if need be, a wall here and there freshly painted in an en-vogue color, set a table, bring
fresh flowers, wash the windows, put some extra curb appeal accents if nothing else some planted
flowering flower pots by the front door, and use a good local Realtor who will create wonderful photos
for the brochure and internet and the buyers will come

All given that you price your home RIGHT, market friendly though competitive from the start.
Good luck to you ....

Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
many people will have their opinion, here's mine;

Supply and Demand:
There is a lot of demand for housing right now and the supply is low. That's good for sellers. So now is a great time to sell. But you might ask yourself "if I want I will make more money" Possibly YES. So maybe waiting is better. Only you know when you are ready. You should sit down with your spouse and discuss your time frame. Then sit down with your Realtor and run the time past them and together come up with a game plan.

The market can (and has before) change quickly.

Brian
Here's a blog you may want to read:
http://www.kcmblog.com/2013/02/25/is-there-a-huge-window-of-…

Then depending on your circumstances....

Do you have to sell?
When do you need to sell?
Are you moving?
Will you sell as a regular sale or as a short sale (as you already know, short sales can take a lot longer to close escrow than a regular sale)

Inventory is low...few sellers, lots of buyers. This is now a Seller's market, so you'd be pretty much in the driver's seat.

How long will this last? Who knows?
Generally speaking, you will got top dollar during the peak months of the year - April-August. But generalities don't always apply, right now we are seeing the highest prices we've seen in years due to low inventory...
Hi Ivy,

I see you are living in San Jose. It depends on which area in San Jose you are living in?

I have represented many buyers and sellers through the years and understand very well what makes buyers buy and sellers sell. The current market is definitely on an up swing. Since mid of last year most cities in the Bay Area have become the sellers market. Reason being very few inventories on the market and interest rate continue getting lower. First time home buyer feels that this is the time to buy their first home and those who owned a home feels that it's time to purchase investment properties, because the rental market is so hot now. This is all from my day to day real experiences in the real estate market.

So to answer your question, if you are in an area with good school district, you will have buyers any time of the year with multiple offers. Provided your asking price are in the range for your area.

First step is to find a realtor of your choice to do a home value report for you, so you can have a good idea what is your current home market price and weigh out the pros and cons and see what is best for you.
The buyer will be able to tell you. When they find your house and feel it meets their needs and they will make the offer. They might be busy with travel, family, holidays, time restraints etc. Ask them and they will tell you. Stay well presented and available for showings and you will find your match. Homes sell every month of the year!!!
A lot of factors come in to play:
Moving before schools start.
Climate.
The Super Bowl.
A lot of other ACTIVE listings.
A shortage of other ACTIVE listings.
The President announcing a new Program to help Unemployment.

This is really one of those times where the world really does revolve around YOU!
It will depend more on your needs.
You can try to guess the needs of your prospective Buyers; but you never will, until you meet them.