Home Selling in Palatine>Question Details

Kevin Hudoba, Real Estate Pro in Wheaton, IL

What kinds of ninja marketing strategies do you use to sell your listings the quickest?

Asked by Kevin Hudoba, Wheaton, IL Fri Dec 16, 2011

It seems most Realtors settle for the 3 point marketing plan: 1) Put sign in ground, 2) List on MLS, 3) Open House. What are your boldest marketing ideas for getting homes marketed and SOLD quickly?

Answers

11
Kevin,
I think you are simplifying the three steps. Sure, anyone can do those three steps, but it is HOW you do them that matters. Is the home ready for market? Staged, de-cluttered, etc? Have you done a proper market analysis so that when it is listed on the MLS it is priced correctly for the maximum possible exposure to the right buyers?

Also, one other marketing tool used in my area is Value Range Pricing. Do some research on it and see if it may be a fit to get your listings sold the quickest.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Kevin, most agents approach listings thinking, what is the cheapest way I can keep my sellers happy. Usually they use your 3point system. Besides the aggressive pricing, realistic sellers, I think good quality photographs are paramount in a market that is flooded with listings. When a buyer is sitting there looking at the MLS (or internet site), do you think they really want to see a poorly portrayed home?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Kevin,
If I told you here, they wouldn't be ninja anymore. :0)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 16, 2011
Now Hold On There A Minute! You want us to divulge our marketing secrets. =0 If I tell you then everyone will know. Personally I like to follow an agressive web, mail and neighborhood door knocking campaign. Its amazing to me how many times the buyer comes from the neighborhood were the listing is.

Kevin-----I think most agents would feel uncomfortable in sharing their best marketing tips with other local agents who they do not know.. If you want to really get to the best info, I suggest you start a Mastermind "Affiliate" or Mentoring Agent Networking Group of Agents from all around Chicagoland and meet with them on a monthly basis....I would certainly want to develop a trust level with real estate agents before sharing my best marketing tips. Same thing for sharing Ninja Marketing Strategies......I think the agents that have paid a lot of money for that program would find it offensive for other agents to be sharing what they paid for.....and I don't think "The Group" would be happy as well since the material is copyrighted. If you are early in your career.....admit it. It would make agents more likely to want to reach out and help you. Especially if they know you are really committed to selling real estate full time. Mary Zentz RE/MAX Suburban Arlington Heights Illinois
Hauling and hoping works for me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011
Kevin;
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
.....and most of the time KISS works just fine.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
First and foremost, only work with cooperative sellers! THAT is the fastest way to get any property sold. Then, yes, aggressive pricing, make the house look good (get it staged if possible, and possibly landscaped), sign in the ground, list on the MLS and Realtor.com, listing on multiple real estate websites, lots of quality photos, killer virtual tour, blah, blah, blah. However, in my opinion the first two are the most important, cooperative sellers and aggressive marketing.
"ninja marketing"???

I never quite looked at it that way.......sounds a lttle dangerous, doesn't it?

BTW - those agents you know who use only a "3 point marketing plan".............what do they do for a day job to make money?

I do have one word I will share with you, and it's not plastics (anyone get that referene?? I am dating myself).........anyway.............the word is..............INTERNET.........that might be the 4th point of the marketing plan, along with Ron's 3 points.......so now we are up to 7 points
In your question, "...marketed and SOLD quickly", what do you mean by quick? How fast do you need to sell properties?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 16, 2011
1.) Agressive Pricing
2.) Make the house look good
3.) More Agressive Pricing

Good luck and may God bless