Home Selling in Weehawken>Question Details

Mel, Home Seller in Weehawken, NJ

What is the skyline and river view worth for a home vs. no view?

Asked by Mel, Weehawken, NJ Sat Oct 3, 2009

Answers

3
Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
HI mel
I am not familiar with the specific pricing along the water, but I have a suggestion. Call a few of the new highrise sales offices (use google for a list), and you will see for certain what the differential is between an inland view and one of the Manhattan skyline/water view. I am sure you wil be paying a premium of at least 10-15% or more for that spectacular view. There are a lot of new and newer buildings along the river road near the ferry.....so you can get a good idea as far as highrises are concerned...........as far as single family homes, you'd need an agent from that area to respond. I am sure some will come along!

Best wishes
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewjersey.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
Hi Mel,
In our "NJ Gold Coast" area a NYC/river view does add value to a home/condo/co-op. However, various other factors affect any premium for that, such as home condition, upgrades, availability of parking and, in the case of condos or co-ops, maintenance, property taxes (as applicable) and building amenities. If I can be of further service, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Elena Schwartz, ABR(r)
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
NJAR Circle of Excellence 2008
WEICHERT, REALTORS
(O): 201-392-3939 x128
(C): 201-600-1612
eyschwartz@weichert.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
It's hard to put a set value on it, but a skyline or river view should add some value because of the desire factor. You will have to look at what other homes with views are selling for compared to non views.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009