Home Selling in 77080>Question Details

Lizboa, Home Seller in 77080

What is the outlook for Spring Shadows neighborhood am I better off selling now or later, don't have to sell--will not be buying another home?

Asked by Lizboa, 77080 Tue Nov 3, 2009


Help the community by answering this question:


I know you sent this message several years but in case anyone is following this string....Spring Shadows is on fire now!! There is no inventory and I have many of the listings that do go on and we are getting multiple offers and contract offers going over list price. I just sold a home for $135 a square foot and it was mildly updated. So a home that was completely remodeled would go for more. If you are thinking of selling, do it now before everyone else decides to sell which would flood the market and steady prices.

Angelina Keck, Realtor
Spring Shadows Resident
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
As for the Spring Shadows area I would wait until Feb. 2010. I have sold a lot of homes on Christmas Eve. I am a big believer in enjoying the holidays if you do not need to sell. The interest rates are good but they always go down in Feb.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 23, 2009
I say do what benefits you! The market will not change that significantly anytime soon to base a major decision as to when to sell your home. Good luck to you.
Bernice Blum Miller, GRI
Prudential Gary Greene, Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
It depends. I would say wait right now since it's too late to take advantage for any buyers taking advantage of the tax credit, but if it is extended like they are saying I would list it.

Let me know if I can help.

Debbie Strudler
Keller Williams Metropolitan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
Spring Shadows appears to be doing pretty well compared to a lot of other areas. Currently there are 16 active homes, 7 with contracts pending, and 31 that have sold since March 1st of this year. The average days on market for the homes that sold is 53 days. The average list price is currently $84/square foot and the average sold price is $77/square foot. The months of inventory for Spring Shadows is 4.2 which means homes are moving pretty quickly. I am not sure I would wait, if you want to sell. With interest rates being at an all time low and the possibility of the tax credit being extended, I would consider listing it now. If you would like more informaiton, please contact me directly at jill@jillsmithrealty.com and I will be happy to help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
I would tell you to wait until April or June to place it on the market. That way you are closer to the time that most people start looking to buy are home. If you dont have to sell what is the reasons for considering it now. Lets chat so we can evaluate whether it is worthwhile to sit and wait or to sell.
Saul Carrillo, Realtor
It Homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
If you don't have to sell and won't be buying another home, I'd say wait. Right now, it is a buyers' market. The climate will change and eventually become a sellers' market. Let me know if I can help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer