Home Selling in Clarksville>Question Details

Jhcampbell, Home Seller in Clarksville, TN

What is the ongoing rate for a Realtor in Clarksville, TN (selling a house)?

Asked by Jhcampbell, Clarksville, TN Tue Feb 8, 2011

Answers

10
Commission is negotiable. It is important for you to speak to more than just one agent to get an idea of the different types of services that different agents at different agencies can offer for their set rate. My commission is negotiable, but without sacrificing service. Contact me with any questions that you may have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 8, 2011
There is no realtor worth more than 2-3 % of the cost of the home....PERIOD!... Stick with selling it yourself..the resources are vast in today's internet world!...save your money!
There is no set rate, each commission rate is set by each individual broker and is negotiable. When looking for a realtor use your due diligence and interview several and see what services they will provide you for the commissions they charge.
Mr./Mrs. Campbell,
All the answers are correct here. There is no "going rate" or "set rate". It's certainly best to contact and interivew 2-3 agents in your area. Find out what they have to offer in terms of marketing your property and what their expertise is. Based on this information, you will be able to find a Realtor who is best suited to work with you. You will also want to ask "key" questions so that you know you are hiring the right agent. I am the Listing Specialist and team leader of my team, The Hales Team, at Keller Williams Realty. It would be my pleasure to assist you and would love to meet you to pre-view your home and discuss your needs.
You can contact me at 931-320-2895 (cell phone),
E-mail me at LindaHales@kw.com or
Visit our website at http://www.ClarksvilleTnHomes.com

Have a wonderful day!
Respectfully,
Linda Hales
Office: 931-245-6715
There is no "Standard" or "going rate" as this would be an Anti-Trust issue. Please speak with 4-5 local Realtors or Real Estate agents and ask them what they will charge. I suspect you will be able to figure out what the "average" may be there.

Best of luck.

Spirit
It is true that all commissions are negotiable. An individual agent can discuss what they charge (but not in an open forum) and not what competitors are charging for services as Scott stated. It is a good idea to meet with more than one agent to discuss what they can offer and at what rate. There are several options in regards to commission when listing. Please feel free to call or visit my website for additional info.

Best Wishes!

Whitney Smith
Operations Manager/Realtor
Reliant Realty Clarksville
(931)320-2264
While there is no set commission rate the customary rate is six percent. Some companies charge seven percent. I work for Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Hometown Connection and we charge six percent.
This includes a full compliment of expert marketing tools, and myself aligned with a professional team of Realtors working to sell your home as quickly as possible.
I would love the opportunity to preview your home, review and discuss the marketing plan, and suggest a list price for your home. Email me directly at: rachelleprice@realtracs.com
Or by cell at: 931-206-2532

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Rachelle Price
Commissions are negotiable, the one fact is that no agent or broker can quote a commission in an open forum such as this due to federal antitrust rules, your best bet is to contact Reaktors in your area by email or phone and ask what they charge, they can quote what they charge, they can not discuss what the competition charges. the most important thing is what do they offer you for what you will pay.
J,

Regardless of location the fees for professional services are negotiable but normally fall in the range from 5-8 percent for a "full service" agency. In real estate, the old saying "you get what you pay for" rings loud and clear.

Prior to making a decision anyone considering listing their home would be well advised to find out exactly what services they can expect from each candidate. We also recommend requesting a written "comprehensive marketing plan" for your specific home that will assist both you and the agent to stay on target.

We hope you find this helpful and wish you well with this endeavor.

Commission rates are negotiable. It will depend upon the agency and your needs as to what you pay. The best way for you to determine this is to talk to an agent. The agent can give you a detailed outline of what services they provide and the fee associated with their services. Talk to several agents at different agencies, then make an informed decisision based upon all the facts, not just the price they quote you. Some agents are able to offer more services to get your home sold while charging the same as ones that only have a few services to offer. There are Realtors that primarily work with sellers and those that work mainly with buyers. While a buyers agent CAN list your home for you, they may not have all the tools at their disposal, or the experience that a Realtor that works mainly with sellers has. This is a big decision. You owe it to yourself to do your homework before making a decsion.

If you would like to discuss this in detail, I would be happy to sit down with you and go over a detailed marketing plan for your home. My cell phone number is 931-206-8551 or feel free to email me at debwilsonrealtor@yahoo.com.

Deb Wilson, Realtor
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Hometown Connection
931-245-2050 office
931-206-8551 cell
http://www.ClarksvilleTNHomeSales.com
http://clarksvilletnhomesales.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DebWilsonRealtorBetterHomesAndGardens…