Home Selling in Adrian>Question Details

Denise, Home Seller in Adrian, MI

What is the normal commission per home sale?

Asked by Denise, Adrian, MI Thu Nov 4, 2010

Answers

6
How much is it worth to sell your home for top dollar as quickly as possible? That is what you are negotiating. As a seller, I rather pay a little more and ask for a lot more from my agent than pay a little less and hope for the best.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
I agree with the other posters. There is no set amount for our commissions. The commission is negotiated between the seller and their agent.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
Derek is correct. We cannot answer that question. I would simply say - negotiate every time.
Denise,

In accordance with federal law, an agent can not state a particular commission rate as, "standard."
There is no "normal" commission.

First, it's negotiable.

Second, different commissions may be charged based on a whole series of factors: The amount of effort/marketing you expect your agent to do. The price of the home. The business model used by the agent and by the agent's broker. Whether the seller wishes to buy a home using the same agent. Customs and practices in different areas of the country. And the list goes on.

Call half a dozen agents in your area. Ask them what they charge. And make sure you ask what services you'll receive for that commission.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
There isn't a 'normal' commission. That's usually decided between the seller and the listing agent. Like everything else in real estate, it's negotiable.