Yowillyo, Home Seller in 90723

What is the first step to put your manufactured home up for sell.?

Asked by Yowillyo, 90723 Thu Nov 12, 2009

Answers

4
I read the other answer you'd received & this is sound advice...except for the issue of payment? If you have an appraisal done (before listing) you are required to pay for it. This is not to say that you wouldn't during the escrow process but, it is typically "ordered" by the Financing Lender the "Buyer" is utilizing & usually paid for by them. It is in the best interest of the buyer to know the "appraised value" of the home...as to not pay more than it is worth. Another possible issue is that you've had an appraisal done & it will not be "accepted" by the buyers' lender. They almost always use their own appraisers. All of this would change if the buyer is not utilizing a lender but instead, paying all cash...this leaves all terms of the escrow to be negotiated between the selling & purchasing parties. In my experience I find the "Home Owner" knows the most about their home & neighborhood; As an Agent we have access to the same comparables as the Appraisers do. I always give as much information possible to my client; so they can make the most informed decision(s). I hope this is helpful for you. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.
Regards ~ Victoria
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 12, 2009
Your frist step: Contact a realtor, who is famliar with selling a manufactured home. ( such as myself).
The reason why Is. The process of selling a manufactured home is a little different.
I currently have 3 manufactured home listings, 2 in Long Beach, Ca. and 1 in Torrance Ca.
If you have any other questions, please contact me direct.I would be more than happy
to anwser any real estate questions, you may have.

Kimberly Yadon
562-208-2008
CA. Lic# 01858145
Hpremiere Properties
Hi Yowillyo,

I'm with Victoria. I would skip the up front appraisal. Your first step is to list the home with a realtor. I would interview 3. You may want to find someone who has already sold manufactured homes in your area, but this is not necessary. You should ask your friend for recommendations of realtors they have used.

Best of luck,

Karen Miller
(562756-4144
The first step is to contact an appraiser to determine the appraised market value of your property - prelisting value. Once you know the appraised value, then contact a listing agent to determine how much they think they might get it sold for. Then go from there.