K&c Ruggiero, Home Seller in 45040

What is the expected turn around for a buyer to put a bid in?

Asked by K&c Ruggiero, 45040 Fri Apr 11, 2008

I've had lots of interest in my condo. In fact, a person that came to my open house this past Sunday brought his agent back yesterday.
I'm FSBO, and was curious to know about what timeframe I could expect to hear back from them.
I don't want to bother the agent or come off too pushy by contacting him for feedback.....any advice on the "norm" is appreciated.

Answers

5
Christina Cavins - Realtor’s answer
In the Dayton, Ohio area the average days on market for a listing is 88 days. Other than that, if a buyer is interested they usually make an offer right away. Hope this helps!

Christina Asad Edwards, REALTOR
2006 & 2007 Sales Masters Top Agent
Christina.AsadEdwards@RealLiving.com
http://www.teamedwards.info
mobile or text 937-205-4741
office 937-573-0082
fax 937-433-3561
Real Living Realty - #1 in OHIO!
Realty, Mortgage, Title, Relocation
Web Reference: http://www.teamedwards.info
The problem may be that the client may want to see the 33 condos available for sale in the 150-160 price range including some new constuction with builder incentives. I would be calling today before they get out this weekend to make a preemptive offer
Hi, great question! Unfortunately, there is no "norm". When a buyer is interested in a particular home, it's in his best interest to submit an offer as soon as possible. The Spring market is starting to pick up, and as a result I am seeing multiple offer situations. You would not seem pushy at all for calling for feedback.

Each buyer is unique. Some want to see numberous homes prior to making an offer; Others are still waiting for prices to drop.

You mentioned that you are a FSBO. Are you willing to work with a buyer that has a realtor? If not, this may be a drawback. If so, when you call the agent for feedback also remind him that you are co-oping with realtors. :-)

Best Wishes!
Thanks to all for your answers. Yes, I am FSBO accepting buyers agents.
I got feedback from the agent today that my condo is beautiful and the buyer is coming to my open house again this Sunday to bring his parents!
So, that will be 3 visits from the same guy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 11, 2008
Hang in there...Buyers are generally not in a big hurry in this market. The other agent was right when she said there is no norm. I have had people come to listings 4 times with no offer produced. Don't give up hope, but don't hold your breath either.