Home Selling in Miami Beach>Question Details

Scott, Home Seller in Miami Beach, FL

What is the current commission rate in Miami Beach home $ 5.0 mill est price

Asked by Scott, Miami Beach, FL Fri Apr 8, 2011

Answers

5
A question like this is like putting raw meat out on the African plains.

I would follow Anna's advice and shut off your email alerts.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
What ever you end up negotiating with the most hungry deal maker!

SAVI
1111 Lincoln Rd 4th Floor
Miami Beach, FL, 33139
Tel: 305.812.7205
Santiago@savigroup.com
I would say 6% is the fair commission offered to the listing broker (3% to listing broker and 3% to selling broker).
The fee can be negotiable but don't forget if you negotiate much lower than 6% many buyer's agents will not want to show your property due to the lower commission. You can win one side but lose on another.

If you want to discuss further please contact me as I specialize and live in Miami Beach.

Gisele Zachar
The Campins Co.
http://www.sellinginmiami.com
Broker Associate
Hi Scott,

There are two sides to the commission equation, the amount you offer to the listing agent and the amount you offer to the buyer's agent that actually gets your property sold.

With a 5 million property you should have a lot of room on discounting the "listing" side. In fact an agent may even agree to list it for "free" just to get those $5 million dollar leads!

Alma
Keep in mind that commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards as it would go against Federal laws; therefore consider interviewing in person a few local agents, or as many as needed, and choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer; choose your agent with care.