Meister29, Home Buyer in Edmond, OK

What is the current amount of time it takes to sell a home in this year of 2013?

Asked by Meister29, Edmond, OK Mon Mar 25, 2013

Answers

10
Michael Clutts’ answer
Depending on which area in the OKC Metro homes are receiving multiple offers almost as quick as they are listed. Contact Josh Barnett @ 405 315 7965 to find out the best way to list your home.
In the Oklahoma City metro area, generally homes are selling on an average of 80 days on the market. However, if I know the property in question exact address and other characteristics, I can give you less general approximate. Feel free to email me Jenn@ShowMeOKC.com for a more specific timeline for selling your property.
Hi There, right now in Edmond in the price range from $100,000 to $225,000 the average has been 83 for the last 3 months. In the last month that average for the same price range has dropped to 69 days and is changing every day. We are now seeing multiple offers being submitted on homes again for nice homes priced right.

In addition, for Edmond the current Inventory or Absorption rate is 2.67 Months. Hope this helps you and if I can help you further, please do not hesitate to ask.
As everyone most likely will say, if you price it right it should sell quick in todays market.
There is not general or average time on market, it is very specific to each price range, size and type and location of homes, and then each individual home has its own plus or minus of amenities, upgrades and items buyers are looking for or do not want, therefore the best way is to

a) connect with an experienced Realtor in your area to provide to you a detailed market evaluation of
your home, and the Realtor will make all necessary adjustments when comparing your home to recently sold similar homes, depending on whether your home has more or more upgraded amenities or not...

b) Price your home right from the start, in other words the better the home is price the faster it will sell
as it will create more interest, pricing it right means price it market friendly yet competitively...

c) and may be the most important part is prepare your home well before putting it on the market, some homes may need a professional stager, others may just have a look at the recommendation list of their Realtor...
may be moving around some furniture to show a more spacious home, or removing some completely, unclutter and remove all personal items, either replace carpeting or have it well cleaned, wash windows have them sparkle, have entire home cleaned, and do minor repairs ahead of time, and potentially add a new color paint that is currently in fashion to update and create add. character, also the front door and curb appeal can be enhanced with little effort and expense.

Then your average time on the market with the help of the Realtors expertise in open houses, marketing and advertising should be relatively short compared to other homes that are either not well priced, not well staged and prepared for sale, or not well marketed or advertised...

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties -----EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Over priced homes will sit, but the time is coming that people in Edmond move for school and demand will rise. I just put an offer in on one that had been on the market 2 days. Unfortunately the home seems to be 5% overpriced so it will sit awhile until either someone willing to pay the inflated price comes along or the price comes down. A home priced correctly will sell quickly. The average city wide is about 90 days and homes in Edmond sell for about 97% of the FINAL list price.
It really depends on your location in Edmond and the condition of your property. This time of year (spring) it can take just a few days to several months.
Web Reference: http://Www.jimnjanet.com
You should contact a local agent who can quote you what your home is worth and what the avg days on market are for your area. houses priced at market value should sell in less than 45 days, price it below and sell it quicker.
Are you pricing the home 20% below market?
Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
It can happen really fast this time of year....no reason for a home to sit more than 30 days if it is priced right. I just listed one at $545,000 that sold in just 19 days, and another at the $200,00 price point that showed 13 times in just 20 days. Aggressive marketing is key, that's our FORTE...!