gmc037, Home Owner in Alachua, FL

What is the cost per sq ft for new house construction in north florida?

Asked by gmc037, Alachua, FL Mon Mar 18, 2013

Answers

4
Lexus costs more than Toyota, but they're both cars...
You could spend $84/foot...you could spent $384/foot or more...
Interview several builders & figure out what you want to build.
If you were buying a tract home from a national builder....the answer is probably yes. However, if you were looking to build a custom home, you could probably expect to pay closer to $100/sf.
One website that I consulted suggested that $84 per sq ft represented an average cost for new house construction in north Florida...is that a reasonable average estimate?
I so wish for you that there would be just one number, not so.... You will need to connect with a local
construction company / builder.... it much depends on what the situation of the lot is concerning utilities etc., then what level on quality construction you would like, basement yes or no, full or partial basement,
how many bath, size of kitchen, size and quality of windows, roof type and material, and what type of
home will it be a two or three story home, a split level, an one story ranch house, and then the construction type itself, brick, stone, siding etc. etc. etc. So you can see all that influences the final
price per sq.ft., the other item that will make a huge difference is the inside quality of wood work, hardwood flooring, marble / tiles, and on and on....

Please connect with a local builder and get some insight what a local builder considers the building
expenses for an average size home, average quality etc. could be and I am sure the builder will give you a range, and if you then require upgrades or changes it will always cost extra....
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)